SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Preference Tab error msg

Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step

Shu asked a question on 16 Mar 2011 9:14 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

I have the following error message when I try to go in the Preference tab of Sure Step 2010 App 3.2.3.0 / Content 3.2.5.0

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/applicationerror2011031.png/

Ron Shadduck responded on 29 Sep 2011 8:18 AM

Did you ever get any kind of answer for this error? I have the same issue.

Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 4 Oct 2011 6:19 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

The first thing we would ask is for you to go out and download the latest version of Sure Step 2010 and see if this error persists.  The latest version english version are:

Platform: 3.3.4.0

Content: 3.4.9.0

IF you have these installed, I would actually remove the install, and then download and install again as it seems to me to sound as if there is something installation specific as the xaml error would be more prevalent if this was an installation issue.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Bill 'Luther' Thompson

Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Dynamics AX Developer Support

=============================================

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

RH responded on 19 Oct 2011 11:58 AM

Any progress on resolving this error?  I get the same error and have installed, uninstalled, and re-installed Sure Step Platform 3.3.4.0 and Content 3.4.9.0 numerous times.

The installation finished without any errors and everything else works fine, but I keep getting the error that references "cannot create an instance of preference tab........"

Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 19 Oct 2011 12:29 PM
My Badges

Hi Robbie,

There are a couple of files that may have been left around even after the uninstall is done.  Please uninstall Sure Step 2012 again (sorry!!).  Then, search the hard drive (search user profiles, hidden folders, system folders, etc.) and ANY instances of the file SureStepClient.exe.config and SureStepReleases.config that are found should be removed.

If one of them has somehow become corrupted, strange things can occur.  By uninstalling the SS 2010 application, and manually removing any of these files, if they are corrupted, you should get them rebuilt.  

These files should be found in your public documents\microsoft dynamics\sure step folder and program files\microsoft dynamics\Sure Step folder.  

Try this and see if it resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted,

Bill Thompson

Online support engineer

RH responded on 20 Oct 2011 7:39 AM

Bill,

That worked!!  Thanks a lot.  The only deviation I did was change the path of the install to be directed at my user folder (username.domain) instead of the public folder.  We recently changed our domain, so even though I have administrator rights there is always a chance of some file security settings getting messed up when changing a domain.

Thanks again for the help.  Now I have some serious studying to do for my MB5-858 exam.

--Robbie

Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 4 Oct 2011 6:19 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

The first thing we would ask is for you to go out and download the latest version of Sure Step 2010 and see if this error persists.  The latest version english version are:

Platform: 3.3.4.0

Content: 3.4.9.0

IF you have these installed, I would actually remove the install, and then download and install again as it seems to me to sound as if there is something installation specific as the xaml error would be more prevalent if this was an installation issue.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Bill 'Luther' Thompson

Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Dynamics AX Developer Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS