Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Email sales receipt ig...
Commerce forum
Answered

Email sales receipt ignore receipt format design in header and parts of body

Posted on by 1,431

We have a custom receipt that is a copy of the standard sales receipt.

When the sales transaction in Store Transactions in POS is selected and then clicked on show receipt, the receipt shows the data as the receipt format is designed in the receipt designer.

However when one clicks to email the receipt or when the receipt is emailed from the cart after conclusion of the transaction, the header as well as the item name and item comment is centered.  Sometime sit looks centered but it is actually a little bit off to the right. So why will emailing the receipt do this?

When I decode the ReceiptService DLL, I can see where it emails the receipt, it first convert the receipt to HTML. 

So is it HTML that does it or the email template? 

Correct when printed or viewed in Store Transactions:

pastedimage1646083907999v1.png

The same receipt when clicking on Email:

pastedimage1646083957002v2.png

As you can see from the above image, it has no problem respecting the footer and the first line of the "lines" section. but the item comment and item name on the "Lines" section is centered automatically instead of starting on the left. The header respect it even less.

If I look at the email template assigned to the receipt format in the receipt profile, then it has only %message%  which is left justified, not centered and this is the part that receives the receipt converted into HTML. The email template itself is an HTML file uploaded.

So can anybody shed some light on how to fix the emailing of the receipt so that it will look on the email the same as on the preview and printing of the receipt. Our users don't like the way the emailed receipt looks like which is understandable because it is a document that is emailed to the customer and it looks untidy, not professional at all.

Categories:
  • Retha Profile Picture
    Retha 1,431 on at
    RE: Email sales receipt ignore receipt format design in header and parts of body

Hi Ramune

thanks for giving me the link.  I contacted the user who designed the email template and he confirmed that the PRE-tags were in place. however when I opened the file I saw that it had in the row-tag an align=center and that is what caused the email not to respect the receipt format.

I removed it and re-loaded the template and now it's working

• Verified answer
    Ramune Profile Picture
    Ramune on at
    RE: Email sales receipt ignore receipt format design in header and parts of body

Hi Retha,

did you check the doc as below?

docs.microsoft.com/.../email-receipts

Does it help you to find an answer?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,930 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans