Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Customer Reimbursement...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Customer Reimbursement - Credit Note approval

Posted on by 61
Hi There

Hello everyone,
I tried to issue a credit to a customer using the /Reimbursement/ function. After several attempts, everything seems to be working fine now. However, when processing the invoice through the AP module, the credit doesn't appear because it needs to be /Approved/ beforehand.
Is there a way to set it up for automatic approval? I couldn't find this parameter. Does anyone know where I can configure it? Please see the screenshot.

• D365 N00b Profile Picture
    D365 N00b 61 on at
    Hi @Kevin Xia 

I tried to find the approval workflow for Credit Note or reimbursement. Somehow I could not find anything realted. 
    There must be a parameter for this. 

Link: https://dynamics-tips.com/process-customer-reimbursement-d365-finance-and-operations/?expand_article=1

What is the "Settle transactiont" method and where it the parameter for this? I thing this would be the solution for this problem. 

• D365 N00b Profile Picture
    D365 N00b 61 on at
    Hi @André Arnaud de Calavon 

Thank you for your feedback.

I tried to find information on how the reimbursement credit note was created but couldn't find anything.
    What I know for sure is that it was created and transferred from a customer
    account to a vendor account using the reimbursement function. What do you mean by "fetched with the invoice journal"?

kind regards 
  • Suggested answer
    Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

Here are general steps to guide you:

1. Locate Credit Note Approval Workflow:

Look for the workflow associated with the approval of credit notes or reimbursements. This may be named according to your organization's naming conventions.
    2. Review and Modify Workflow Steps:

Access the steps within the workflow related to credit note approval.Check if there's a specific step for credit note approval and review its conditions and actions.
    3. Adjust Approval Conditions (if needed):

If the workflow has conditions for approval, ensure they align with your requirements. If automatic approval is desired, you might need to adjust the conditions to facilitate this.
    4. Configure Approval Parameters:

In some cases, approval parameters might be configured separately. Check for any setup related to automatic approval within the workflow or approval configuration.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi D365 N00b,

Possibly, this invoice was posted via the Invoice register. If that is the case, the Approved field is not enabled until the invoice will be fetched in the Invoice approval journal and posted. Can you check how this vendor transaction was posted? 

If it was posted in another way, someone might have disabled the Approved field for this transaction. In that case, you can enable it. Note that if it got posted via the Invoice register, the invoice approval will be posted first.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans