Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

IMPORTING BANK STATEMENTS

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Is it possible to manually import bank statements from CSV, TXT etc files?  When the bank account has the databank conv I get the error "the expected data was not received from the webserver". When I make it Sepa, the error is "A Call to system.xml.xmldocument.load failed with this message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1".   I tried making an exchange definition and then the import says "the request body is not set". So obviously I have something set wrong.  Not sure what i'm doing anyway : P

Categories:
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: IMPORTING BANK STATEMENTS

Have been having the same issue and looking for a solution, thanks!

• Prado Profile Picture
    Prado 10 on at

Hi Theodore,

I have tried importing a bank statement CSV file, with more than 300 records. But when i import the file only 10 records are inserted in the bank reconciliation page. Could you help me out for such an issue.

I change the M in M/d/yyyy to an uppercase and it worked.  It stopped importing everything as January.  That is the dumbest thing I have seen all day.  Thanks for the info.

• addision1 Profile Picture
    addision1 315 on at

I have been struggling with this for a few months now. This works!!! Thank you!

TBRANDEWIE

I have had this problem before of the date filling as January. Go to Column definitions for Data Exchange Definition. Make sure Data Format has an uppercase M.

To explain, in my CSV file, date is formatted as 7/21/16... if I use data format of M/d/yy then the date will fill in correctly. If I use a data format of m/d/yy then the date will fill in wrong (January). Another example, if in my CSV file the date is shown as 21/7/16 (different culture) and I use data format of d/M/yy then date will fill in correctly. If I set data format as d/m/yy then it will fill in as January.

I have tested all of this.

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture

blogs.msdn.com/.../import-a-sample-file-for-bank-reconciliation-in-dynamics-nav-2015-w1.aspx

i followed these instructions and did it this way.  However, when I import the bank statement, it always makes the date january, no matter the month i'm importing (playing catch up).  So, i just go through the dates and change it to the right month.  But other than that it worked.  

• Shyamraoo Profile Picture
    Shyamraoo 350 on at

Hi,

Same issue, have you figured out the problem.

shyam

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans