Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Using Word Templates for E-mail Customer Statements GP 2013

Posted on by 5

Good Morning folks,

I know this is probably a very old question but I have looked around the internet and cannot figure out exactly where the assignment is done. We are attempting to automate our customer statements by e-mail but are having difficulty getting the custom word template to show up. The custom word template has been created under 'RM Statement On Blank Paper' as the Form 'On Blank Paper' is used for e-mailing statements; however, we cannot figure out exactly how we get this format to e-mail out. 

Is it something that has to be setup on the Message ID? I've looked at numerous articles online but I can never quite see how we assign our custom form; unless I have modified the wrong form.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Steven

Categories:
  • Hokuminaria Profile Picture
    Hokuminaria 2,950 on at
    RE: Using Word Templates for E-mail Customer Statements GP 2013

Hello Steven,

No, we cannot change this. It is driven by code. You would need to create a customization to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Brandon Jarrett | Microsoft Support Engineer

• Steven Blanc Profile Picture
    Steven Blanc 5 on at

Thanks Brandon,

That did the trick; turns out in my modifications I accidentally deleted the Header bookmark so we are in business 100%!

This is an aside question but related; you don't by chance know if it is possible to adjust the automated naming of the attachments generated to the emails do you?

By default Statements are rmStmt_CUSTID_00.docx or .pdf;

It would nice to be able to issue something along the lines of:

Company Name_-Statement-CUSTID-YYYYMMDD.docx or .pdf

Cheers,

Steven

• Suggested answer
    Hokuminaria Profile Picture
    Hokuminaria 2,950 on at

Hello Steven,

Glad to hear for the most part the information worked.

With the page numbers, these can be a real pain to correct. When i run into this issue, i usually just start over with the core templates. If you would like to try and fix it, you can review the Blog below.

community.dynamics.com/.../syntax-error-where-page-number-should-be-in-word-templates-1472758070

If that does not work, you would need to look at the Equation and make corrections if this is incorrect. Below is a screenshot of a correct Page Number Equation on a template.

pastedimage1593641415829v1.png

If that does not work, i recommend starting over with the core template.

I hope this helps!

Thank you!

• Steven Blanc Profile Picture
    Steven Blanc 5 on at

Thanks Brandon,

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm almost there now; the report is loading and printing with a few errors.

90% of my problem was editing the compatability mode and the other 10% was failing to set compatability mode.

On the error side: the three fields that appear in the word header of the Original RM Statement all have issues.

Pages: shows up with !Syntax Error;

Date: shows up with #######;

Account: shows up with ######;

I have reloaded the original and tried copying and pasting these across to no avail. Your previous article describes the xml and creating a custom report in ReportWriter but as I am not adding any fields and I am not removing the account number or date from the header, I don't understand why these would no longer work.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steven

• Suggested answer
    Hokuminaria Profile Picture
    Hokuminaria 2,950 on at

Hello Steve,

First, the Modified Template has to have the Modified Reports xml on it. If not, then the Template wont print. Once the xml is added to the Template , you bring this in and assign security to it in the Template Maintenance window.

Administration >> Reports >> Template Maintenance

In the Template Maintenance window, you would select the following:

1. Report Name = RM Statement on Blank Paper - Modified.
    2. Click the Green + symbol and select your modified Template and click ok.
    3. Now you should see your Template in the window. Click the Assign button in the header and select company or user depending on you want this assigned.
    4. In the Company Assignment window, mark the checkbox for the Company or users that you want to print this.
    5. Click Set Default.
    6. Mark the Custom Statement checkbox and click save.
    7. Close the window.
    8. Click Save in the Company Assignment window.
    9. The modified template should not be set.

As long as you have no issues with the layout, the security is set to the modified report and template, it should email with this template.

Below is an article that has great steps to do this. Its not a Microsoft article but the steps are correct.

https://www.erpsoftwareblog.com/2016/02/creating-word-template-microsoft-dynamics-gp/

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans