Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Dashboard Layout Issues

Posted on by 11
Greetings,

I have an existing dashboard that I need to add a new chart to. The problem is when I insert the new chart, it is placed under the last one... I cannot remove the spacers to the right of the previous chart to place it where the users wants it. 

I would consider rebuilding the dashboard from scratch if needed to achieve this... however the default for the two column gives me 4 places to put charts, after that they too will be stacked in the way shown below. I know this is a solvable problem because the pre-existing dashboard already has 7 charts with 6 of them side-by-side... but I can't seem to even do 6 side-by-side when starting from scratch... 

I am not sure what I am missing with this, didn't expect layout was going to be my biggest issue! 

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    404 Not Found Profile Picture
    404 Not Found 11 on at
    Dashboard Layout Issues
    I did not find any documentation on this, but this is how you move the component. 

Select the header of the component you want to move (so the move cursor is shown)... then drag to the top spacer where you want to move the component until you see the red line. This will move the component to the desired location.

• 404 Not Found Profile Picture
    404 Not Found 11 on at
    Dashboard Layout Issues
    Thank you @RudyZhang,

I can accept that maybe this was possible in the past, and can't be done now... but this is definitely not a 3 column layout... I attempted a test with a 3 column layout and I could not achieve what is shown below... this is showing 6 charts/controls side-by-side... after the 6th control, each new control has its own row which is not desirable... 

Even when I create a new dashboard to rebuild from scratch, I can't replicate this... I get the initial 4 controls (with the 2 column layout) and then each additional control is in its own row. Our users are going to push back on the scrolling.

• RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Dashboard Layout Issues
    Hi,

We analyzed your requirements and according to the official documentation, you need to use the dashboard with the following layout.

Please refer to the documentation at the following link
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/basics/start-your-day-dashboard-chart?view=op-9-1#create-a-personal-dashboard

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans