Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Error when trying to merge two accounts

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

I need to merge two duplicate Accounts.
I set myself as the owner of both records. I am a system administrator.

When I try to do merging this error is shown: Access is denied. You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation.

The Download log button is greyed out also.

By using XRM Toolbox add-on Access Checker I can see that on both records I have all possible privileges granted.

After enabling CRM trace another error is visible:

ErrorCode: 0x80048306:
Not enough privilege to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation. The current Organizationid 'xxxx' does not match with userOrTeam's organization id 'yyyy'.

When I look what is current organization ID i can see 'yyyy'. Also in table Organization there is only one record with this ID.

I found only couple of blog posts with the same error but still I don't know how to resolve this issue and perform the merging:
https://arundynamix.blogspot.com/2019/04/how-come-system-administrator-getting.html
stackoverflow.com/.../dynamics-crm-plugin-trace-log-record-throwing-access-denied-error-for-system-adm

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Error when trying to merge two accounts

Hello,

I checked this blog. The error is different in my case, I am getting error: Access is denied.

I don't have currently any user in the system with administrative access.

However it is possible that there is some issue regarding first owner of one of account record.

I can see for which user CRM indicates wrong organization id although I don't know what is the reason for that. This user is not actual user, it is service account used only for the purpose of synchronization. Currently is inactive and it doesn't have any username populated. This inactive user currently does not have any role assigned to him. It could be that during the process of reparenting the lack of role for original (first) owner of the record cause an error.

• Suggested answer
    Chintan Patel Profile Picture
    Chintan Patel 100 on at
    RE: Error when trying to merge two accounts

HI mrsmith,

Check if this resolves your issue.

https://crmtipoftheday.com/711/record-merge-fails-when-assignee-has-insufficient-privileges/

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans