Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How to read multiple E...
Finance forum
Unanswered

How to read multiple Excel files from SharePoint folder to D365fo x++?

Posted on by 20

Below article helped me to read only file. 

https://allaboutdynamic.com/2020/11/30/d365-fo-download-a-sharepoint-file-using-x/

We are running a batch job in D365FO and want to read multiple Excel files from SharePoint folder and create Sales order.

How to read multiple Excel files from SharePoint folder to D365fo x++?

• RE: How to read multiple Excel files from SharePoint folder to D365fo x++?

Hi Mohit,

I used below code to read the file.

public System.IO.MemoryStream getFileStreamFromSharepoint()

{

#File

#define.https("https://")

#define.decodeUrl("/_api/Web/GetFileByServerRelativePath(decodedurl='/")

fileName = SOCreates+ #xlsx;

System.Uri uri = new System.Uri(#https + host + #decodeUrl + site + "/" + folderPath + "/" + fileName + "')");

//I throw away the part assuming that proxy is populated, because it can't ever be - we're initializing it here.

ISharePointProxy proxy = SharePointHelper::createProxy(host, site, externalId);

FileResults fileResults = SharePointHelper::GetFiles(proxy, FolderPath, ''); // The file result is returned successfully

FileContents file = SharePointHelper::GetFileContents(proxy, uri); //This line returns a null value and no exception or error

if(file)

{

System.IO.Stream fileStream = file.content;

System.IO.MemoryStream ms = new System.IO.MemoryStream();

fileStream.copyTo(ms);

return ms;

}

else

{

return null;

}

}

I have hard coded the file name to fetch the file and read its work for 1 file but how can I get all file names which are there on SharePoint folder and read the files ?

I want loop all the files which are there on SharePoint folder read the files and create sales order in D365FO.

I'm running a batch Job in Dynamics365FO which will read all the files that are available on the SharePoint folder and create sales order.

• Mohit Rampal Profile Picture
    Mohit Rampal 12,540 Super User on at
    RE: How to read multiple Excel files from SharePoint folder to D365fo x++?

Hi, As mentioned above, it can be done by logic app or power automate or by recurring integration. However, as per your previous post, you want to handle it in x++ and not azure integration services.

You can check this thread for reference

community.dynamics.com/.../reading-an-excel-file-from-a-sharepoint-using-x-in-microsoft-dynamics-365-for-finance-and-operations-10-0-18

• Arunraj Rajasekar Profile Picture
    Arunraj Rajasekar 1,729 on at

Hi,

You have two options to achieve this.

1) Like others mentioned you can use logic apps or power automate, which will give you triggers on new excel files. or

2) Save the SO files with the respective SO number as file name. Parameterize the sharepoint path where the files will be saved. write custom class to loop through the file names to see if the SO is already created else read the file using import excel code

• A.Prasanna Profile Picture
    A.Prasanna 8,161 on at

No Idea whether you have any specific reason to read Excel from Sharepoint using X++
    but you can do the same thing using power automation without using code-level customization
    just go through this link to get an Idea:   

Regards,

AP

• Anton Venter Profile Picture
    Anton Venter 9,687 Super User on at

Hi,

Here is a high level description of how: You could do this by using Dynamics 365 Finance Data Management and Azure Logic Apps. You could "push" (transmit) the files from SharePpoint to Dynamics 365 Finance with the Logic App. You can configure a HTTP endpoint in Data Management (Dynamics 365 Finance) for receiving the files. A periodic batch job in Dynamics 365 Finance can process the files from the queue.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans