Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

WMS Full pallet pick - mobile device

Posted on by 360

Hi,

the majority of our outbound goods is on full pallets. With the WMS (CU9) I have the location directives, work template, work classes, and Mobile device menus set up and everything works fine. Except if it comes to full pallet picks. The location directive follows the unit conversions and pulls from location with only full pallets, but when it comes to work and the mobile device I have some doubts that I have everything set up correctly

We store everything in eaches. The sample is a pallet where 1 plt= 8ea. A sales order is typically entered in 48 ea.

After releasing the warehouse and creating my wave and work I get the below.

2016_2D00_01_2D00_07_5F00_21_2D00_44_2D00_34.png

I get one work line for 6 plt (=48 ea). When opening the work on the mobile device the totals I get is 1 pick with a qty of 48.

When moving further the pi screen asks for the LP (on the bottom I see 6 plt, 48 ea.). After Ok I have to enter the next LP (at this time the LP from the first pick becomes the Target license plate).

At that point I would have to load already two full pallets onto my equipment with even knowing where to go.

This continues until I looped trough all 6 plts to get the final drop off location.

I have the suspicion I am missing either q work break or a different setting on my work template (currently a simple pick and put)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Categories:
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: WMS Full pallet pick - mobile device

Great. I have also setup the max to unit PL and that does create work for every pallet with a pick and put. I also added print to it. I set up also that print will only work for the pallets for now. I hope the license plate stays per PL .

• Suggested answer
    JoeGr Profile Picture
    JoeGr 360 on at

If you use the max on the work template that breaks the work by rmthe designated directive unit. If you need to print add the step to the work template before the put. You need to set up document routing for work type sales order. You can direct that to a specific work template.

So far I have made the shipping label work but that will be next and I'll update that case

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi,

Is there a way with work-break or something different to have 1 work but with repeated pick-put, pick-put and license plate or shipment information printing to a label after that step? I am practically a bit confused how workers still remember the pallet they just picked and put and then go for the other pallets.

So pallet picking work:

1. open mobile device, select work

2. pick first pallet, seal it, print label with license plate 1 and put it to outbound (or staging/ packing)?

3. pick next pallet, seal it, print label with license plate 2 and put it to outbound (or staging/ packing)?

4. etc.

5. Then print packing slip, bol and print shipping labels with license plate x for every pallet to indicate wat is on the load?

I guess in this way the packing slip with contain every pallet as a separate license plate instead of moving them all into 1 (the first) target license plate?

Any other ideas?

J.

• JoeGr Profile Picture
    JoeGr 360 on at

As described works for me, but I am a bit puzzled because on my PO work template I didn't have to set a maximum and get the split automatically.

Nevertheless Lauri's solution works!

• JoeGr Profile Picture
    JoeGr 360 on at

Thanks Lauri,

followed you set up instruction and it works for me.

• Verified answer
    Lauri Looga Profile Picture
    Lauri Looga 70 on at

I am not sure this is the only way to do this but I achieved this by doing following setup:

1) under Location Directives Lines I added two lines, first for pallets and second for eaches. For first line I used Restrict by unit = PL and also marked Allow split

2) on work templates I created 2 templates, first for pallets and second for eaches. Template for pallets has smaller sequence number so it is processed first. Under the General tab I set up maximum qty as 1 and Maximum unit as PL

In result it forces work creation to generate separate work for every pallet

• JoeGr Profile Picture
    JoeGr 360 on at

With 6 plt in that example I would expect 6 trips between the plt pick location and the drop of location.

• Fredrik Sætre Profile Picture
    Fredrik Sætre 12,644 on at

So you have two picks and one put? Is that what you want to achieve?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans