Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Unanswered

How to migrate CRM Developer Toolkit to Power Platform Tool for On-premise

Posted on by
I have some problems when changing from CRM Developer Toolkit to Power Platform Tool to deploy plugins for On-premise D365 server.

1. Using newest Visual Studio 2019 and newest version of Power Platform Tool with old .sln, I got this error message:

Error: Message: 'PluginAssembly' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'packageid' and NameMapping = 'Logical'. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=True, IsLoadedInStagedContext = False, Timestamp=73715267, MinActiveRowVersion=73715267, MetadataInstanceId=26995458

2. I try with newest version of Power Platform Tool 2022 for Visual Studio 2022 and only could deploy 1 assembly plugin at the same time. When I try to use crmPackage to open deployment popup option, it seems I could never open it and the build process take very long. 
Build started: Project: _CrmPackage, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Professional\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Roslyn\csc.exe /noconfig /nowarn:1701,1702,2008 /fullpaths /nostdlib+ /errorreport:prompt /warn:4 /define:DEBUG;TRACE /errorendlocation /preferreduilang:en-US /highentropyva+ /reference:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.6.2\mscorlib.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.6.2\System.Core.dll" /debug+ /debug:full /filealign:512 /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\_CrmPackage.dll /subsystemversion:6.00 /target:library /utf8output /langversion:7.3

_CrmPackage -> C:\\_CrmPackage\bin\Debug\_CrmPackage.dll

Is there anyway to migrate project to use Power Platform Tool with the least changing in .sln and CrmPackage?
Please help me.
Thanks

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,462 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,366 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates