Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Trade Agreement Journa...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Trade Agreement Journals Not Updating Records When Posting

Posted on by
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but it's worth a try.

We have an issue where after posting a trade agreement journal, the existing lines in the journal which have been updated do not post the updates to the pricing, but the new records are posted correctly.

Our process is as follows:
  1. Pricing journal is created with the existing live prices for a customer.
  2. New prices are added into the journal.
  3. Old prices are set to expire from the date the new prices are live from (so ToDate of the old price is set to the day before the FromDate of the new price).
  4. Journal is posted.
  5. Changes are reflected in the respective pricing screens.
But the issue is that upon posting the journal, the changes to the ToDate of the existing lines does not actually get posted, only the addition of the new records.

This appears to only have started happening recently, after many years of the process working without issue.

The users are reporting that they occasionally receive the following error when posting the journal, although it isn't every time, and sometimes the records may not be updated even if this error is not displayed:

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben
Categories:
  • Trade Agreement Journals Not Updating Records When Posting
    Hi Ben,

That’s really odd, and  the process is exactly how I would have done it.  
    I just tried it in my 10.0.41 environment just to check if a bug had snuck into the latest release.

If it's a recent thing, I would ask the user to reset personalizations. If that is impossible then you can try to remove personalization for that specific process. I have a trick for doing it, let me know if you want it.

Besides that, it's unfortunately difficult to say exactly what's the reason without access to the application, a trace or a debugger..
    What version are you on, and do you know if any customizations have been made to the Trade Agreements?

Meanwhile I'll have a check in LCS and see if any new issues has been submitted.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,554 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,588 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates