Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Power Automate When a record is created trigger

Posted on by 10

Im working with power automate to send an email when an item is created and have done everything in this exercise on microsoft learn.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/use-power-automate/11-exercise

The issue is when you start filling out fields to create an item in Business Central, the trigger "When a record is created" fires and since item cat code is blank the flow doesn't continue because the other condition is not met. I can resubmit the flow in the flow history and it will run as intended. The only way i have kind of get around this is to fill out Item cat code first but then it sends the email without all the information.

The flow is being triggered to early, before all the fields have info and its causing problems. Has anyone else run into this issue or something like it? Since this flow is taken straight from MS Learn, i will assume that there was some sort of update?

8231.Flow.PNG

Categories:
  • Mikey M Profile Picture
    Mikey M 10 on at
    RE: Power Automate When a record is created trigger

Thank you that was awesome! I imagine i will have to use a lot of these because i don't see anyone filling out the item card faster than it's triggered.

• Verified answer
    JAngle Profile Picture
    JAngle 33,139 on at

Different scenario but I have something mentioned in this blog which might help: joshanglesea.wordpress.com/.../

You can build in a delay to the flow after the trigger. It’s not perfect but certain delays might need to be longer than others per circumstance.

• Mikey M Profile Picture
    Mikey M 10 on at

I had another flow that was based off a template that was very similar. The template adds an item to a sharepoint list when a new item is created. I went back to that one and its behaving in the exact same way, IE it's getting triggered too early to be of any use and adding mostly blank lines to a list. 

Here is the template i was refering to
    Create an item in SharePoint when a record is created in Business Central | Microsoft Power Automate

This is what's happening when i try to use it. Did they recently change how the trigger or Get Record behave? It's just strange that the lessons on MS learn and the templates are not in working order. 

.flow-_2D00_2.PNG

• Guy McKenzie Profile Picture
    Guy McKenzie 1,330 on at

Have you tried using a template with the item category included?

I suspect it would then work.

Otherwise, I think your observation is correct that the flow will never meet the second condition.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans