Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Unanswered

Time entry

Posted on by
In the last several weeks, the search function stopped working.  It works for the first entry of the day then after that you get errors and have to do a multi-step process to entry your time.

I used to click into the project number, wait for it to load, then type in either the number or keyword and it would bring me to the right job to select.

This happened last week but I was hoping it would go away with a restart (it did not).

Even through scrolling and selecting, it keeps giving me an error:

I fill in the remaining columns, then click refresh and it fixes itself (puts in the right project number).

• KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,267 Super User on at
    Time entry
    Can You move mouse cursor on the red X next to the JULY that You have entered. It will give more detailed error message, that should help to resolve this. 
    Maybe on the Project card for JULY You have left some needed field empty (for example Prod. Posting group)

Other option on the lookup press Select from Full list - and check if there are no additional filters applied. If the list is filtered, and this JULY project is not included in the filtered list, You will not see it in the search results.
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 63,992 Super User on at
    Time entry
    There is one thing I find strange, why can you open the lookup even if you enter "July" without any matches? For example, I did a simple test on Project Journals.

Hope this helps.
    THanks.
    ZHU
  • Time entry
    thanks for confirm it is just us.  

Yes we do have projects with description in July.  The issue just started to happen within the last week or two.  The search function works when we first open time sheet.  Then when we go to do a second entry that day - error messages.  We have found work arounds but again not as efficient as they are work arounds.
  • Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 6,993 Super User on at
    Time entry
    I tested and the search function works fine for me in the Project No. field. Do you have a project with the number or description July?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans