Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

SSRS: Unable to Select the Group to Toggle By

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi:

In SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), you can toggle on a group name.  But, what if you cannot see the name of that group name to toggle by?
I get the following error, shown below in italics.  I'd love to get around this error.  But, the "toggle" does not have the name of the group.  So, I'm stuck.

Toggle items must be text boxes that share the same scope as the hidden item or are in a scope that contains the hidden item 

Thanks!

John

• Suggested answer
    RE: SSRS: Unable to Select the Group to Toggle By

To be honest, we here on the GP support side don't do much with custom SSRS reports nor modifying the default SSRS reports, as that is done in Report Builder and more what the SQL Reporting Services team handles, since the SSRS report from GP isn't anything different than any other SSRS report, it's just pulling information from a stored procedure or another SQL object.

I don't know if anyone on the forums community has any experience with working with SSRS reports in Report Builder that can share their information specific to the toggling you're mentioning.

I did look for information on it, but the only thing I really found was more SQL reporting services and not so much specific to GP.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi There, Derek:

This is GP's deployed SSRS HITB report that someone modified.

It lives on the Report Manager site, but I have been trying to modify it further by using Report Builder.

By "toggling", I mean creating a plus sign reflecting summary data for a group.  Upon clicking this, the end user will see detail for the summary data.

Thanks!

John

• Suggested answer

Hello John,

Are you getting this on a SSRS report deployed from Dynamics GP or a custom report?

As well, is this on the Report Manager site for SSRS or in Report Builder or SQL Server Mgmt Studio?

I'm not familiar with toggling SSRS reports by group name, so if you can give more information such as the steps you're taking, that will help us take a look.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans