Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Master Planning - Transfer Orders

Posted on by 857

Hello everyone,

maybe somebody could help me out.

We are using planned transfer orders, but we have actually the issue that all planned transfer orders shown, even if there is no material on stock on the main warehouse.

i am not in to deep with this topic, i have tried to find any information about it without success.

thanks for help

Categories:
  • Albrecht Prieler Profile Picture
    Albrecht Prieler 857 on at
    RE: Master Planning - Transfer Orders

thanks for answers i will check that

• Suggested answer
    Junaid Idrees Profile Picture
    Junaid Idrees 12,740 on at

Hi Albrecht,

I believe you didnt check "Refilling" option in your other warehouses and didn't selected "main warehouse" as the refilling warehouse.

1. Go to Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouses

2. Select that warehouse that you want to refill.

3. On the Master planning FastTab, select the Refilling check box and select the main warehouse as the refilling warehouse
    from drop down list.

1425.PNG

4. Now run Master scheduling, it will calculate transfer requirement for the selected warehouse and generates a planned transfer order from the assigned Main warehouse 

• Suggested answer
    guk1964 Profile Picture
    guk1964 10,877 on at

its not clear how or what you have set up.

Please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamicsax-2012/appuser-itpro/set-up-warehouses-for-transfer-orders

For a walk through see https://dynamicsaxtipoftheday.com/2014/01/14/use-refilling-warehouses-to-let-mrp-suggest-replenishment-transfers/

Refilling Warehouses

To use the refilling capability, find the setup in Inventory and warehouse management, Setup, Inventory breakdown, Warehouse. Select the warehouse and expand the Master planning tab. The Refilling checkbox activates/deactivates the functionality for the chosen warehouse.

Note that a BOM for the item  to produce is set against the production warehouse.

Transfer Orders

Master planning use this setup to create transfer orders between the two warehouses. Transfer orders use shipments to send inventory to a warehouse. You have to follow all the steps that a shipment requires to be able to transfer inventory from one warehouse to the other.

Picking from the Main Warehouse

If you set the main warehouse on the BOM, then master planning will not create a transfer order, nor a transfer journal. When you start the production, it will create a shipment. Then, you can activate the shipment, update the picking routes and post the picking list to get the stock from the main warehouse.

• Suggested answer
    Maverick Blogger Profile Picture
    Maverick Blogger 60 on at

You have to create rules in item coverage setup(or coverage groups) linked to the items. Create multiple coverage setup for various warehouse. As Qian mentioned, make sure you have coverage for the main warehouse to purchase order and coverage for replenished warehouse as transfer order. When you select transfer order as coverage you specify the main warehouse

Thanks for answer but is there mark or something for main warehouse ? 

• qianwang Profile Picture
    qianwang 7,147 on at

Hi Albrecht,

Yes. MRP calculates a transfer requirement for the selected warehouse and generates a planned transfer order from the assigned Main warehouse.

For example, warehouse B is refilled from main warehouse A. If any requirement for warehouse B, a planned transfer order will form A to B. If there is no stock in A, a planned purchase order for warehouse A will be generated.

Regards,

QianQW

Hello,

we are using ax 2012 R2, its concerning planned transfer order on which warehouse should that generate it.

We replenish only main warehouse with purchase orders, the other warehouse should be replenished from main warehouse.

So therefore the planned transfer orders should always be from main warehouse to extra warehouse.

Am i wrong with my thoughts?

best regards

Albrecht

• qianwang Profile Picture
    qianwang 7,147 on at

Hi Albrecht,

If there is no inventory in the main warehouse, running the MRP will generate a planned purchase order to the main warehouse.

Is yours not? Which version are you using?

Regards,

QianQW

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans