Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

AX2012 R3 Price Discount Change Policy

Posted on by 2,695

When converting quotations to sales orders, the prices on certain items on our quotes are being deleted.  I believe the problem lies with the Price Discount Change policy.  I have a manual entry in the Trade Agreement Evaluation table to prevent prices from being deleted from the quote lines, but this seems to only work on items that are on the trade agreement.  If the quote header has a price group entered, but contains items that are not group members, the manual prices are deleted.    We pretty much don't want it to search for prices at all, but we do need to have the Price Disc Tables available.  How can I stop the price change process from happening?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

LisaJ

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    ZvikaR Profile Picture
    ZvikaR 61 on at
    RE: AX2012 R3 Price Discount Change Policy

There seems to be some rounding issues related to the calculation of sales tax in your case:

On the sales tax codes, check the setup on the code - what do you have in the "Rounding Precision" and "Rounding Method"?

Rounding method needs to be "Normal" for you not to have these kind of rounding differences.

In addition, is this invoice quoted in accounting currency or in a foreign currency?

• Guy Terry Profile Picture
    Guy Terry 28,395 on at

If the price initially came from lookup to a Trade Agreement, then when you change the ship date, I believe AX will always try to look up a new price, and there is no way you can get it to prompt you (in standard).

• shuhaib Profile Picture
    shuhaib 335 on at

can we have a policy for requested ship date change prompting to change price on Header view ?

• Guy Terry Profile Picture
    Guy Terry 28,395 on at

Hi Lisa,

Where you have setup Trade Agreement Evaluation for 'Manual entry', you can also add 'Copied from Sales quotation' and 'Sales quotation'. I wonder if one of those would protect the prices you manually enter onto quotations.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans