Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Issue with v10.0.40: O...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Issue with v10.0.40: OperationCanceledException when Rebuilding Solution in Visual Studio

Posted on by 219

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with version 10.0.40. When I rebuild our solution in Visual Studio, I encounter the following error:

Description: OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
File: Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.Tools.BuildTasks.17.0.targets

Interestingly, building the solution (instead of rebuilding) does not generate the error.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, do you have any updates or solutions to resolve it? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Diego

• Ferhat.S Profile Picture
    Ferhat.S 231 on at
    Issue with v10.0.40: OperationCanceledException when Rebuilding Solution in Visual Studio
    Hey Andre and Diego,

Upgraded my platform release version to 7.0.7279.101 its working totaly fine.

My steps are go lcs > cloud-hosted environments > select dev machine > full details > Check Available Updates its bottom of screen> you will see update there go View Update > Save Package > I included all of them cuz i dont know id of the problem > and save a package it will generate a deployable package on your asset library you can apply updates.

Hope its fixes yours to.
    Ferhat.S 231 on at
    Hey,

Well on my side building my model and depended reference not fixing issue its still gives me error. The only way i get rid of doing full build with all models but it takes to loong cant wait 6 7 hour for any change :)  Today i got feedback from microsoft they told me they fixed with platform version 7.0.7279.88 My current version is  7.0.7279.51 so i generated package if its solves the problem i will let you know.
  • Diego Mancassola Profile Picture
    Diego Mancassola 219 on at
    Hello, i have not found any solution, other my collegue has the same problem, seems a issue of last platform update.

My solution is to not use the Rebuild option but only Build option, but sometimes needs a full build because assembly not reflect changes

Yes, of course Andre it's a solution building full model, but it's little be more time expensibile respect the classi build, but also for me it's that the solution, because sometime the assemby did't reflects new changes, sometimes.

In my opinion is something as Ferhat told releated to sync to DB, normally i don't enable automatic build at build, but i can't fina anything for now to releate the problem to something or type of object.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,445 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    HI Diego, Ferhat,

I stopped building a project or solution and now I always build the whole model. It will ensure that all objects in the model are included and you can bypass error like this one.
    Ferhat.S 231 on at
    Hey everyone,

Same issue hapenning me.
    If i had to detail more on my side when i add any new object which is need to dbsync to my project and try to build or rebuild it gives same error. But when i add classes or change any class code it works fine. When i do build everything with db sync its working fine aswell.

Have you guys find any soulition about that ?

• bechir-marco Profile Picture
    bechir-marco 19 on at
    Hi André Arnaud, I tried to rebuild another project solution and no error appeared, but when I tried to rebuild again my project solution I got these errors 
    when I do full rebuild to the model with database sync everything works fine no issues.
  • bechir-marco Profile Picture
    bechir-marco 19 on at
    hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same issue any updates on this matter ?
  • Diego Mancassola Profile Picture
    Diego Mancassola 219 on at

Hana, Thank you for the suggestion. I've already tried the solution provided in the link, but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

André, I'm currently using the classic cloud-hosted virtual machines (CHE) for development.

Best regards,
    Diego

• Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Please check if the following link is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,445 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi Diego,

I haven't seen this error. Do you have this with rebuilding all projects or just one? Are you using a CHE, local VHD, or the new UDE option for developments?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,445 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,334 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates