Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / how to restrict a disp...
Finance forum
Answered

how to restrict a display menu or form to visible for a specific legal Entity

Posted on by 47
Hi,
how can I restrict a menu Item or form to visible for a specific Legal Entity only & hide for other. 
I tried using security - created a previleges & assign that menu item to it & access level to delete & then assign that previleges to Role.
& then from UI, I assigned that role to a user & assign organization to USMF, but still its visible for all entities as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Harshit
  • Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi Harshit,

The system administrator role bypasses all security and is ignoring other security roles assigned to a user. So, please test it without having the system admininstrator role assigned.
  • Harshit Singh Profile Picture
    Harshit Singh 47 on at
    Hi Xue,
    I have tried both ways provided in the reference, So I have a role NAVI Timesheet which has privileges that contain menu item.  I have assigned that role to a user which has system admin role assigned & assign a legal entity to using assign organization option & grant the access but still menu item showing there.
    Also use second way organization hierarchy, created one which has single entity only & assigned that to that role but still menu item accessible everywhere.
    Is it because that user have admin privileges?

Thanks & Regards,
    Harshit
  • Harshit Singh Profile Picture
    Harshit Singh 47 on at
    Hi Andre,
    this menu item is only assigned to one role & that user has system administration role assigned.
    Also, I have tried by setting Country Region property of menu item but I have two entities which has same region - US so by setting property to US it restricted that menu item to only that two entities but I need to restricted that menu item to one entity only.

Thanks & Regards,
    Harshit
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can also refer to this blog (https://alexdmeyer.com/2020/01/07/options-for-configuring-user-legal-entity-restrictions-in-d365fo/ ), which gives detailed reference steps. And mention that roles cannot be restricted by legal entities, they are system wide. However, you can apply legal entity restrictions to user role assignments. Therefore, when you assign a role to a user for the first time, the user gets access to all legal entities. You can then apply a legal entity (or organizational hierarchy) restriction that only allows users assigned role access for that legal entity (or set of legal entities in the case of an organizational hierarchy).
    Best Regards,
    Hana

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi Harshit,

Is the same menu item part of another role or does the user have the system administrator role assigned?

If the menu item is to be used for one legal entity which is in a specific country, you can also use the CountryRegion property on the menu item to restrict it to particular countries.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans