Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Sales Return Order Report Error When Printing

Posted on by 17
My company needs a new customer facing sales return order. The one we have now was a custom report built for us by our partner but it's in RDLC format and the company just wants me to scrap it and make a new one. This is my first time doing this so please be gentle!

So what I did was copy report ID 1309 and I exported that to word where I made a few adjustments that we needed, then imported it back in. I ran the report and it looks beautiful, company loves it.

From there I went to report selection - sales and for usage I picked “Return Order”. Then I went ahead and took out the old report ID that was in there and selected mine.

But when I go to then print the return order I get this error message.

after some research what I think is happening is the specific information the report is calling for in the system isn't on the new report I created. when I went and double-checked to print this it wanted me to have the filter “document type”.  I thought I could simply just go back and add this to my new report but I can't find it anywhere in Word. So then I thought I just needed to change our default values In the system to not ask for document type when printing this but the system won't let me do it, no matter what I change it just seems to always default back to last used options and filter.

So what am I doing wrong? Should I have copied a different report to modify, if So what report?
  • Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 8,087 Super User on at
    the custom layout is blank and I'll have to build this from scratch, right?

Unfortunately yes. 
  • MA-24051634-0 Profile Picture
    MA-24051634-0 17 on at
    It Worked! I'm just having one last issue with the my report only showing the the first line item.

here is my report in Word, and how it looks when I run it. but as you see below it should have several line items but for some reason, my report is only showing one. what did I miss?

MA-24051634-0 17 on at
    Thank you for your help again! i think i have it right this time.

so I'm in "Custom Report Layouts" I selected "New" and then "New" again because 10081 isn't available to copy. 

there is no built-in layout for the report, so the new layout has the words New Layout in the Description field, which means that the custom layout is blank and I'll have to build this from scratch, right?

• Suggested answer
    In the custom report layouts page, when you select new to add a new layout, you will be asked by the system if you want the new layout format to be word, rdlc, or excel. It doesn't matter if the default layout for the report is rdlc. 

MA-24051634-0 17 on at
    Thank you both for your help but I'm only seeing reports 6631 and 10081 available in RDLC in the system, how do I get them in Word?

• Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,563 Super User on at
    Hi, for the W1 version, the standard report for Sales Return Order is 6631. Please try this one.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU
  • Suggested answer
    Report 1309 is used to print Posted Sales Return Receipts. This report has as its data source the posted sales return receipt header/lines, so that's why when you try to print sales return orders with it, you get an error.

You can copy and use report 10081 instead, which is the report for sales return orders.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans