Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Dual-Write: Multiple E...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Dual-Write: Multiple Environments

Posted on by
Hello -

I am looking for some resources on best practice with Dual-Write. At this time, it appears our CRM utilization will consist of multiple different applications to serve different business units and their definition of customer. How can we leverage dual-write to serve these applications that would need to be in different environments? 

I have two options, but I am not clear if they are the best fit for us. First, have all the apps in one environment, but I am still not sure if we can have multiple Sales Professional apps in one, because that seems like it will present a data problem. Option #2, would be using dataflows between environments. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Dual write allows real-time data synchronization between Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. As Andre said, they have a one-to-one relationship. For how to set up dual write, you can refer to the link below:
    Guidance for dual-write setup - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    https://kumarpremm.wordpress.com/2020/08/10/dual-write-step-by-step-guide/
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at
    Hi Community user,

With Dual Write you can only keep one F&O environment in sync with one Dataverse environment. If you want to use Dual-write, then all apps and business units should be in the same environment.

If you need to maintain multiple Customer engagement environments with a single F&O instance, you would need to use other integration options.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans