Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Serious! There is no Value Entry within the filter, during Item Ledger Cost Adjust

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

error-4.PNG4251.error.PNG7875.error-1.PNG1680.error-2.PNG

• Christoph-AUT Profile Picture
    Christoph-AUT 5 on at
    RE: Serious! There is no Value Entry within the filter, during Item Ledger Cost Adjust

was there any solution for this / rootcause found? I have the same problem in a NAV2016 installation...

• Suggested answer
    Csiak Gyula Profile Picture
    Csiak Gyula 25 on at
    RE: Serious! There is no Value Entry within the filter, during Item Ledger Cost Adjust

As I didn't have time to wait, I assembled a new codeunit from C22 Item Jnl.-Post Line, which checks and creates Value Entries, that are missing from Item Ledger Entries.

The functions, that need to be copies and customized for the Value Entry creation based on Item Ledger Entry, Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice Line tables, filtered for the specific invoice number are as follows:

- InitValueEntryNo

- InitValueEntry

- InsertValueEntry

These functions require the following local functions as well:

- MoveValEntryDimToValEntryDim

- RoundAmtValueEntry

- IsFirstValueEntry

- CalcCostPerUnit

- UpdateItemLedgerEntry

- CalcExpectedCost

- - CalcExpCostToBalance

- InsertItemReg

Please be advised to copy Text constants and global variables also. With the help of these I was able to generate Value Entries and write their entry no.-s into Item Register and Cost Adjustment is now runing as a charm.

Hope this helps to you, be carefull and test your codeunit on a test database with live data, before running your customized codeunit against the live database and system.

• Csiak Gyula Profile Picture
    Csiak Gyula 25 on at

Are there any updates on this topic? I also ran into such a problem during Cost Adjustment, that Value Entries were missing from Item Ledger Entries on a LIVE Dynamics NAV 2017 system, but didn't find any official hotfixes yet to address the problem. Any suggestions?

• Suggested answer
    Jens Glathe Profile Picture
    Jens Glathe 6,090 on at

I assume you mean "free for us"... well, I'm not Microsoft, so no warranty. All the bug tickets I have opened were with no charge in the end. The experienced person is generally not free. The main problem here is risk. It will cost money either way, but more so if a solution is delayed. Not a good idea if you have to explain your numbers to the auditors and you know the inventory is not consistent.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

will it be free for them to sort it.?

• Suggested answer
    Jens Glathe 6,090 on at

Time to open a ticket with Microsoft support, I'd say. This should be escalated. Also, try to locate the originating transaction (have a look at the register) to get a clue what the missing item ledger should look like. The problem is: With the missing entry your inventory is inconsistent, which is bad. It has to be "restored" which means created by hand/script. If this is not corrected, your inventory will stay inconsistent, which can lead to wrong valuations in the G/L and pricing (cost, profit calculation), at the very least. I would also look for further occurrences of this or similar errors. You should have some experienced person on your side, even with Microsoft trying to solve this problem.

Hello,

Seems the Item Application Entry table has that entry, if am not wrong.

error-8.PNG

• Suggested answer
    Jens Glathe 6,090 on at

Have a look in table 339, filter the columns Item Ledger Entry No. (should suffice) or Inbound/Outbound Item Entry No.

Item Application Entry has entries. Just to be sure, how can I confirm if entry 3751 was recorded in the Item Application Entry.

• Jens Glathe Profile Picture
    Jens Glathe 6,090 on at

[quote user="muleso"]Technically and functionally no one seems to understand what exactly happened.[/quote]

;-) I don't know how the copy function is implemented, but it's not likely. Does the ILE exist in the source company? Or is there a gap in the ILE numbers, too? What about the application entry?

On the other hand, a quick check of the changes in Codeunit 22 from RTM to the current CU 07 shows quite a few changes, some are the usual refactoring, but some are error corrections. Maybe worth a look?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans