Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Commerce forum
Answered

Star Printers

Posted on by 16

Has anyone successfully used any model of star Micronics receipt printers with D365 mPOS? I tried some older models we have in our stores unsuccessfully (TSP143U) but I purchased a TSP654II for testing and still nothing. The TSP654II is listed as a tested, compatible peripheral but still having trouble. I can create the OPOS objects and check health successfully, but when the device names are added to the hardware profile, I get a 'server error' in mPOS (built-in hardware station). Doesn't seem to matter if I install CCO first, then start OPOS, or the full star driver suite. Nothing works.

• Verified answer
    jsmithvee Profile Picture
    jsmithvee 16 on at
    RE: Star Printers

Looks like the fix is the mismatching character sets. In the hardware profile, the default seems to be "Print binary conversion" enabled. But, when you configure a printer in the star printer utility, the default 'character region' is 'single byte character set'. Changing that to Double, to match the setting in the hardware profile, allowed me to print.

• jsmithvee Profile Picture
    jsmithvee 16 on at
    RE: Star Printers

Have installed the latest Star driver suite. Configured OPOS driver names and the cash drawer at least works now. But, I get an error in t he event log when trying to print. Tried manually changing the OPOS CCO to 1.13.1 but the error persists.

Hardware station an exception occurred when trying to open a printer and print.. Exception: System.NotSupportedException: No data is available for encoding 998. For information on defining a custom encoding, see the documentation for the Encoding.RegisterProvider method.

at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncodingRare(Int32 codepage)

at System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(Int32 codepage)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.HardwareStation.Peripherals.OposHelper.ConvertToBCD(String source, Int32 characterSet)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.HardwareStation.Peripherals.OposPrinter.PrintText(String textToPrint)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.HardwareStation.Peripherals.OposPrinter.Print(String header, String lines, String footer)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.HardwareStation.Peripherals.OposPrinter.Execute(Request request)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.HardwareStation.Controllers.PrinterController.Print(Collection`1 printRequests).

In the Hardware profile the character set is default 850. What am I missing?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans