Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Spash Screen Never Goes Away on Remote App

Posted on by 5

I found some similar issues in the form, but none of the solutions worked for me.  We have GP 2016 installed on a Windows Server 2019 Datacenter server.  When I open GP on the server, everything is hunky dory, I then installed the Remote Desktop Services role and published GP as a remote app.  When we open the RDP file for the remote app, the GP splash screen comes up and never goes away. We're able to login and use the system, but you have to do all your work on a second monitor because that splash screen is sitting in the middle of the primary screen on top of anything else that might be running and you can't move it.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks!

• Beat Bucher  GP Geek  GPUG All Star Profile Picture
    Beat Bucher GP Gee... 28,021 Moderator on at
    RE: Spash Screen Never Goes Away on Remote App

Great to hear that is solved your problem

Don't forget to mark the question as answered, so it may help others in the future.

• Suggested answer

Thank you, Béat!  Disabling "Use advanced RemoteFX graphics for RemoteApp" on the server seems to have done the trick!

Best,

John

• Verified answer
    Beat Bucher  GP Geek  GPUG All Star Profile Picture
    Beat Bucher GP Gee... 28,021 Moderator on at

Hi John,

There have been other reports of RDP issues with Dynamics applications (not GP), but the problem is the same.. it's an issue with the RDP client.

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../remoteapp-popups-hidden-behind-main-window

Microsoft has a KB article about troubleshooting Dynamics GP in a remote environment:

community.dynamics.com/.../troubleshooting-dynamics-gp-performance-in-a-terminal-server-environment

One tool that could help you tackle windows placement/position issues in a RDP environment is the GP PowerTools from Winthrop DC. It has a feature built-in that prevents opening GP windows outside of the physical display area. You can try out the tools features for free for 30 days.

www.winthropdc.com/.../

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans