Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Problem with UpdateCol...
Finance forum
Answered

Problem with UpdateCollectionStatus parameter in CustAgingReport

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 235

I am customizing the CustAgingReport in D365 F&O and I get the following error when attempting to run my version of the report.

"An attempt was made to set a report parameter 'UpdateCollectionStatus' that is not defined in this report."

This parameter exists in the dataset and the report parameters, but did not prior to my restoring the dataset in order to add my new fields.  I'm not sure where to go in order to rectify the error.  It's in the report and in the dialog when running the report.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

• Megan B. Profile Picture
    Megan B. 2 on at
    We are having the same issue with the customer aging report. Did you ever find a solution?
  • Megan B. Profile Picture
    Megan B. 2 on at
    We are having the same problem with the bill of lading report. Did you ever find a solution for this?
  • TheGoodDBA Profile Picture
    TheGoodDBA 235 on at
    RE: Problem with UpdateCollectionStatus parameter in CustAgingReport

Dinaz,

Thanks for the reply. The manual process did work for resolving/working around the error, but the issue remains as to why this is happening on the report?  And since the parameter continues to show up upon edits to the report, and deployments of other changes,  it really isn't ideal for getting the report customized and tested.

thanks,

Steve

• Verified answer
    Dinaz Profile Picture
    Dinaz 115 on at

Hi Steve,

1. You have to delete the parameter from report parameters node.

2. Delete additional parameters from the xml. Please refer the below link.  

daxonline.org/1708-the-number-of-defined-parameters-is-not-equal-to-the-number-of-cell-definitions-in-the-parameter-panel.html

3. Build the solution.

• TheGoodDBA Profile Picture
    TheGoodDBA 235 on at

Hi Girish,

Thanks for the reply.  Deleting the parameter UpdateCollectionStatus and restoring the dataset only puts the parameter back in place.  Deleting the parameter and NOT restoring the dataset gives an error.  Both of these actions I am doing on my custom copy of the report.  When I look at the original report's parameters, Updatecollectionstatus does not exist, which I believe is why the original report executes without issue. If I restore the dataset on the original report, it does bring in the new parameter, but of course I cannot save it.

So you see, I am caught between having to customize the report, which means restoring the dataset, which in turn causes the issue.  This must be a bug in 10.0.28 update52?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Steve B.

• GirishS Profile Picture
    GirishS 27,799 Super User on at
    RE: D365 F&O CustAgingReport

Hi Steve Boccio,

Just delete the report paramters and restore the dataset - Report parameters will create again and try deploying the report.

Thanks,

Girish S.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans