Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Security role - Need Permission set to Manual

Posted on by 502

Hi,

I have a form with a Submit button with no menu item display/action.  I would like to remove this button to some of the roles.

My questions are:  

if i change this form button "NEED Permission" to manual, do all the roles which have access to this button will not have access to it anymore UNTIL i overwrite it  by drag this form button to the role and set "EffecttiveAccess" to READ/write?

if i only set "NEED Permission" to manual without overwrite anything to the, would it be no role will have access to this button except System Admin?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ddee

• DDee Profile Picture
    DDee 502 on at
    RE: Security role - Need Permission set to Manual

Thanks Hossein.

Best,

Ddee

• DDee Profile Picture
    DDee 502 on at

Thanks for confirming, André.

Regards.

DDee

• Verified answer
    Hossein.K Profile Picture
    Hossein.K 6,642 on at

Hi DDee,

If you set the value of the property NeededPermission to Manual, Now nobody except the system administrator can see this control. To grant access, Add the form control under the permission node of a privilege or the security role and grant access.

Thus Persons having the privilege in the role or the role itself do have access now.

• Suggested answer
    Hossein.K 6,642 on at

Hi DDee,

If you set the value of the property NeededPermission to Manual, Now nobody except the system administrator can see this control. To grant access, Add the form control under the permission node of a privilege or the security role and grant access.

Thus Persons having the privilege in the role or the role itself do have access now.

• Suggested answer
    Hossein.K 6,642 on at

Hi DDee,

• Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User on at

Hi Ddee,

Your understanding is correct about the 'manual' value of the NeededPermission property. If you set the property of a control to 'Manual', then nobody has access until you add it to the permissions node of a privilege or security role. Indeed the system administrator will have access as this role is bypassing all security.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans