Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Answered

Case Form: How Do I Customize (add more) Columns in Similar Cases Sub Grid

Posted on by 5

Hi -

In our main Case form, we are using the "Similar Cases" functionality. This is an out-of-the-box functionality configured as a Sub Grid with the "CC_SimilarCases_SubGrid" Control enabled. By default, the grid shows "Title" and "Modified On" columns. I can't figure out how to add additional columns to this grid. Is it possible? 

Categories:
  • Marwa Dwidar Profile Picture
    Marwa Dwidar 5 on at
    RE: Case Form: How Do I Customize (add more) Columns in Similar Cases Sub Grid

Thanks again for your fast response. I guess that would solve my need to show the resolved cases in the similar cases grid. I was hoping that I can show both active and resolved, but that's okay for the moment. I will also create that idea so your product team may consider it in the near future on the road map.

Best, Marwa

• Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Marwa,

Currently, you can't modify this view to show case status.

But you can create a new idea through the URL, then ask your colleagues to raise up the votes,our product team has direct visibility of these ideas and they will implement it on the basis of the highest number of votes received.

And you can change Similarity Rule to filter result by resolved status:

• Filter Result by Status: Filter records by status. If you set the value to Active, then only similar cases with active status will be retrieved. If you don’t set a value, then it will retrieve similar cases that are in all statuses.

pastedimage1676535153170v1.png

• Marwa Dwidar Profile Picture
    Marwa Dwidar 5 on at

Hi Leah,

Thank you for your response. I was looking for a way to the user to identify the status of the case form the similar cases grid, in order to locate the previously resolved cases, so the user can reference to that resolution to resolve the current case instead of reaching out to others to ask, which helps to resolve the case faster for the end-user.

I hope that issue will be resolved soon, so we can be able to modify this view.

Again, Thanks.

Marwa

• Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Marwa,

Unfortunately, it's impossible to add columns to SimilarCases SubGrid, which is by-design.

Once you enable the 'CC_SimilarCases_SubGrid' control on a sub-grid, it will only display the 'Title' and 'Modified On' columns, regardless of which view you selected during configuration.

But i found that one tab will open when you click case link on the sub-grid, then you can view case details.

pastedimage1676442925947v1.png

These fields shown are from 'Case Reference Panel' quick view form, you can add other columns to the form if you want.

pastedimage1676443248393v2.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans