Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Unanswered

Inbound Emails with multiple recipients (users/queue) only one Email record created

Posted on by 30
Hi all,

I have an issue with inbound emails with multiple recipients where only one email record is being created in CRM. 

For example:
An email is received with three recipients: user1@mail.com user2@mail.com queue1@mail.com each with a corresponding mailbox in CRM. 

When the email is created in CRM, I am only seeing one email record with the "Receiving Mailbox" field set to one of the three mailboxes above (randomly assigned). I tried sending the same email multiple times and noticed that the Receiving Mailbox seems to be set randomly to one of the three mailboxes.

Previously, we had multiple Email Messages being created in CRM, one for each of the recipient mailboxes but this is no longer the case.

Does anyone know if there is a configuration setting that I need to change somewhere to re-enable the previous functionality?

Or any ideas on how to achieve this requirement?

Thanks for your help! 
  • Vikesh Profile Picture
    Vikesh 30 on at
    Inbound Emails with multiple recipients (users/queue) only one Email record created
    @daivat 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I have tried the "Track emails sent between Dynamics 365 users as two activities" flag but it doesn't help.

My issue is for tracking inbound emails from CRM contacts, not CRM users.
  • Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 501 on at
    Hello Vikesh,

I am not sure but you can try one setting, this is related to tracking email between D365 users.

Navigate to System Settings -> Email -> Set tracking options for emails between Microsoft Dynamics 365 users and ensure that the setting is on.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans