Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

How to stop planned production order from generating a purchase order ?

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello, 

I would like to know how to stop a planned production order from generation a purchase order. I want to do this for one reason : 

For a specific planned production order, I have already a purchase order that fulfills the forecast requirements . But, we will receive that order after the required date of that PPO. So, when I run the master scheduling calculation, it generates automatically another planned purchase order.

Thank you.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    guk1964 Profile Picture
    guk1964 10,877 on at
    RE: How to stop planned production order from generating a purchase order ?

Looks like my previous response did not post.

As a  work around you could change the order type for such an item to production but then you would always have to convert it to PO manually  and no vendor will be selected and the lead time will not be known so you would then have to add some safety lead time -so not the best option to my mind, unless for a specific item/situation.

Negative days is the lateness tolerance you are willing to live with, so mrp will not trigger  a new order in that window but will suggest expediting messages. However is that always going to be the same for all orders for that item?

Positive days will not help in this situation.

In the situation you describe it is best to turn on the massages. Mrp does not like things out of balance but it believes what you tel lit.

So if you say the lead time is 10 days but you also say you need it tomorrow it is not happy but it will action the demand, but it will also  believe you intend to do  something to resolve the conflict and will thus send you messages .e.g to cancel the order it just planned or to expedite the order already planned.

So turn on messages and get used to reviewing those first. But expect some performance impact on mrp run -probably OK if you do it overnight out of hours.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Thank you for your answer. Actually it works, on the item level. But I would love to do the same thing on a PPO level so it does not affect other PPOs.

If anyone is interested in doing the same thing on the item level, here is a link explaining just that: blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../more-about-dynamic-negative-days

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Tomahawk300,

My suggestion below can not be linked to one particular production order, purchase order. It is always on an item level.

You might want to investigate if you can use negative / positive dates on your coverage group to achieve your expected outcome. If you add for example a number into negative days the MRP run will respect purchase order receipt dates in the future for those number of days to balance the demand. The system might generate action and future messages as a warning.

In the master planning parameters, you must set the "Use dynamic negative days" to Yes.

Give this a go.

Cheers

Uwe

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans