Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / FINTAG_INSTEADOFINSERT...
Finance forum
Unanswered

FINTAG_INSTEADOFINSERTTRIGGER, Cannot insert an explicit value into a timestamp column.

Posted on by 6
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post. I am a little exited :) 
We have struggled with Fintag error while trying restore UAT database. We opened a ticked to Microsoft thanks to them they show us how to solve it. We would like to share with community.

1. Go to Feature Management and turn on the Financial Tags feature.
  2. Go to the Data maintenance portal and click /Check for updates/.

1. Run the /Deploy financial tag table triggers/ data maintenance job (Clicking on including system action):

When the job finishes successfully, you can take a new export database and then try to load that one into the development environment.

Command prompt error message

After I did those step above I got a new error like below. You can find the solution that I got from Microsoft

With the Kill SQL connection issue,  please help me to follow the below steps very carefully:

1. Convert your bacpac file to .zip (just edit the file extension and change .bacpac to .zip)
  2. Copy the file model.xml from the zip folder to some location.
  3. Revert back the .zip to .bacpac
  4. Now edit the model.xml file (the copy) and find the SqlPermissionStatement(see image) "Grant.KillDatabaseConnection" element and remove the whole <Element>...</Element> from the xml file and save it.

1. While using the sqlpackage.exe import action, add /mfp:"YourCopiedModel.xmlPath" to the commands, this will allow you use the edited model.xml instead of original one in the bacpac.
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    FINTAG_INSTEADOFINSERTTRIGGER, Cannot insert an explicit value into a timestamp column.
    Hi,
    Thank you for sharing so generously and contributing to the forum, you can mark this as verified so that it becomes clear to more people.
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Anthony Blake Profile Picture
    Anthony Blake 1,957 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Thanks for sharing

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates