Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Unanswered

NAV 2016 settings based on screen resolution

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi,

Our users are sometimes changing their monitor screen resolution and then many of their NAV 2016 settings are gone. I investigated that the settings are stored in the file PersonalizationStore.xml in the user's profile and these settings are stored based on the screen resolution. Is there a way to ignore the screen resolution when saving the settings?

br, Patrick

Categories:
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: NAV 2016 settings based on screen resolution

I tried this, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

• Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,640 on at

On the application right click and there is a compatability tab try some setting on the Change High DPI settings button and see if any of those settings work.

I don't know why this works on your client. I also did the same test on a normal Windows 10 computer (no Citrix or Remote Desktop session):

First, with a screen resolution of 1920x1080 I opened NAV and customized my column widths. Then I changed to 1600x900 and opened NAV again. All customizations were gone.

br, Patrick

• azelaya59 Profile Picture
    azelaya59 2,807 on at

Look I don't know if this helps or not...….. But I went into my .xml file and noted the resolution setting were 1600X900. These is the same resolution on my native desktop. I then changed the resolution on my native desktop to 1920x1080. I reconnected to the Terminal Server and desktop is 1920X1080. Awesome. I opened NAV and it's being displayed at 1920x1080. Great! I look at .xml file..... It still shows 1600x900. I can't see why it's not retaining the change in resolution. I think you may need to open a ticket with Microsoft Partner/Customer Source.

2019_2D00_02_2D00_28_5F00_1029.png

azelaya59 2,807 on at

Hmmmm interesting indeed. I'll have to play around with it a bit and will respond.

VPN? No, the users don't use VPN. They use Citrix XenApp, which supports changing the screen resolution in a Desktop session. But the issue can be repoduced on every Windows client (without using Citrix or RDP). Just open NAV, make your settings (e.g. column width in a table) and then change the screen resolution of your monitor. Then open NAV again and the settings are gone.

azelaya59 2,807 on at

Sorry I didn't know you were using a VPN to connect to a terminal server. The link would be a direct connection without a VPN. There are hyperlinks to explain using/configuring the Windows Client for NAV. That being said, is there not a final RDP connection App Server? If yes, could you not configure the "Display" tab?

2019_2D00_02_2D00_28_5F00_0851.png

Just a thought.............

Hi Alfredo,

We're using Citrix XenApp to connect to the Desktop of a Citrix Terminalserver (similar to RDP). The problem is that the users sometimes need to change the screen resolution of the Citrix sessions and then the NAV settings in the PersonalizationStore.xml file are gone.

How can the link you provided help me? I couldn't find any relation to screen resolution of something similar in this article.

br, Patrick

azelaya59 2,807 on at

How are the users connecting to NAV?

1) RDP to the App Server

2) Windows Client on their Desktop

3) WebClient

What you are describing seems to be option 2. The changing of screen or resolutions will cause the personalization to be wiped.

Look at this link for further direction:

docs.microsoft.com/.../configuring-the-windows-client

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Here an excerpt of the XML file where you can see the screen resolution:

2019_2D00_02_2D00_26_5F00_12h08_5F00_40.png

br, Patrick

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,554 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,588 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates