Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / How to Check Latest M...
Sales forum
Answered

How to Check Latest Modified Date and By Whom for Specific Fields in Dynamics 365 Sales

Posted on by 59

Hi everyone,

I am currently facing an issue with field changes in Dynamics 365 CRM. One of our users has reported that the "Interest In" and "Special Interest" fields have been changed, and this is causing problems with qualifying leads. I tried to find the log to see who made the changes and when, but I couldn't locate any relevant information.

Is there a way to check the latest modified date and by whom for specific fields in Dynamics 365 CRM? If not, are there any tools or methods that can help track these changes?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Verified answer
    Karthik.Sompalli Profile Picture
    Karthik.Sompalli 28 on at
    How to Check Latest Modified Date and By Whom for Specific Fields in Dynamics 365 Sales

Hi, In Dynamics 365 CRM, standard auditing does not track changes to field settings, such as modifications to choice selections. To track these changes, you can use the Solution History feature, which logs customizations, including field setting changes like choice selections. You can access this by navigating to Settings > Solutions > Solution History.

Alternatively, you can use the XrmToolBox with plugins like Attribute Usage Inspector or Metadata Document Generator to audit and track field metadata changes more effectively.

• SR-02080227-0 Profile Picture
    SR-02080227-0 59 on at

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the information about the Dataverse auditing feature and how it can help track changes to field data.

However, my concern is specifically about changes to the field settings themselves, such as someone removing the choice selection in a field. It seems that standard auditing in Dynamics 365 does not cover these types of changes.

Do you have any suggestions or know of any tools or methods that can help track changes to field settings? I am particularly interested in knowing if there is a way to audit changes to the choice selections in a field.

Thank you for your assistance!

• Suggested answer
    Sachin Jadhav Profile Picture
    Sachin Jadhav 70 on at
    Yes.

OOTB Dataverse auditing feature should be able to help you here.

For any field changes to be audited the audit has to be enabled at 3 levels.
    1. Environment
    2. Table
    3. Column(i.e. Field)

Once the auditing is enabled in this manner the audit for field changes can be viewed in Audit history tab of the corresponding entity record.

If you find the answer helpful, please accept the answer..

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates