Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Is it possible to chan...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Is it possible to change the default settings on the Account type when submitting a quotation?

Posted on by 8
Dear reader,

I wanted to know if it is possible to change the default settings on the Account type when submitting a quotation? Every time when we start a quotation we have to choose between a prospect or a customer but we only have customers. So it would be very nice if this could be the only thing we could choose from. That saves us a lot of clicks.

Please see the attached screenshot to clarify what I mean.

I hope that someone can help me with my question.

Thank you in advance of course.

Best regards,

Jantien Rombout
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Is it possible to change the default settings on the Account type when submitting a quotation?
    Hi Jantien,

As mentioned in my first reply, you can default to customer by disabling a configuration key, but that will disable a lot of CRM features within Dynamics 365 F&O. WHen you are using the option as I marked on the screenshot below, you can hide the type field as this will then be automatically managed by selecting a customer from the search list.
  • JR-23071413-0 Profile Picture
    JR-23071413-0 8 on at
    Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your reply.

The ideal situation would be that we do not even have to make the choice between prospect or customer and that a new quotation from the start only shows the account type "Customer". The field has to be adjusted in such a way that we get rid of the "Prospect" choice.

The search field only searches in our customer database when the account is Customer. 

I do not know if this is possible to do, with or without help from our implementation partner.

Best regards,

Jantien Rombout

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Hi Jantien,

You can search on customers by entering a keyword and click on the loop icon despite the account type is defaulted to Prospect. Another search/lookup page will open where you can select the correct customer and confirm.

• JR-23071413-0 Profile Picture
    JR-23071413-0 8 on at
    Good afternoon André,

Thank you for your reply. Before I can use the search option I first always have to choose between a prospect or a customer. And this is something I want to avoid. It seems that this is then only possible if we disable a lot of standard features. In my opinion that really is a shame and should not be the case. 

It looks like that we have no other choice. Maybe our integration partner can custom build something for us but that will cost a lot of money I am afraid.

Best regards,

Jantien Rombout

• Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Hi Jantien,

In the standard application, there are two options.
    1.  Use the search functionality. If you select a customer, it will set the account type to customer. As you don't have prospects. the search will only have customers as an option.
    2.  Disable the Sales and marketing series license configuration key (mmCRM). In this way, you will disable a lot of standard features. Validate this in a separate environment first. 
    Initially, I would recommend using the search option as lookup. You can then potentially hide the account type field using a personalization and saved views.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans