Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / When importing new pot...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

When importing new potential customers into Dynamics Sales, do I need to import the Accounts first?

Posted on by
When importing new potential customers into Dynamics Sales, do I need to import the Accounts first?  Or can do a contacts import and new accounts would be automatically created?
  • Suggested answer
    Fubar Profile Picture
    Fubar 2,750 on at
    When importing new potential customers into Dynamics Sales, do I need to import the Accounts first?
    To get the Association between them the Account needs to exist first, but you can import them together.1 CSV file for Contact, 1 CSV file for Accounts, zip them in the same file, then import the zip file and then in the data import wizard map the fields for both tables.

See the "Tip"
  • Suggested answer
    JeroenS Profile Picture
    JeroenS 46 on at
    I would import the Accounts first and then the contacts.
    Just make sure you you have a proper reference in your contact csv file.
    If you leave it to standard behaviour then it would match (reference) based on name and if you have duplicate names in there the outcome can be not as expected.
  • Jens Mattsson Profile Picture
    Jens Mattsson 25 on at
    Hi,

Usually when I´m importing larger files from .csv´s - I import Accounts first and then relate the contact to the account on each row on the second import when I´m creating contacts.

/ Jens Mattsson
  • Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    ​Hi,

After you create a new lead, then if you select Qualify.
    The system creates a new contact record and account record using the information you filled out in the Contact area and Account area.
    If the newly created contact or account record is matched by the Duplicate Detection rule, a duplicate prompt appears.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me .

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

​

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates