Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Login with different u...
Finance forum
Answered

Login with different user in D365 FO

Posted on by 462

Hi,

I want to fix an issue in which the user is seeing some records related to " work items assigned to me " form. In this form each user might see only the records which are assigned to him.

I want to debug the issue on this torm wherein the user when clicks on one of the records it shows blank record, however since I do not have any such record I cannot debug it.

Does D365 has an option to login to D365 with same user as User A when you are logged in as an admin account (user B).

So basically user B who is the admin can check records or can act as any other user and see the records for himself.

Asking this because it becomes difficult to ask end user to login with their credentials everytime we debug any issue.

Thanks,

VK

• vicky1234 Profile Picture
    vicky1234 462 on at
    RE: Login with different user in D365 FO

Thanks Andre,

I am able to fix the issue

• Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User on at

Hi Vicky,

In this case, you don't need to change the assigned person. There are some functionalities where the link between the person and user is managing which records will be visible based on an assigned worker. If you don't change the person/user mapping, then by changing the login email, you can also see what records are visible for the user you need to do some troubleshooting.

vicky1234 462 on at

Hi Andre,

Thats a very good idea . I will check and update back .

Do I also need to update the assigned person ?

thanks for replying.

• Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User on at

Hi Vicky,

If you have a copy of this issue in a non-production environment, you can change the email field on the user who is having the issue. Then you can login as that user with your own credentials or another test user account.

The workflows are assigned to the user ID, so by changing the email, you login as the user, but not with the users' credentials which he should never share with anyone else.

• Suggested answer
    Komi Siabi Profile Picture
    Komi Siabi 12,407 Super User on at

Hi Vicky,

WorkflowWorkListAssignedToMe link to a form where you can see many document records on which when clicked takes you to the actual document, eg: Purchase order, General journal .. 

You as an admin, if you want to view client records for instance, you would need to assign client person record to your user profile on the users form : System administrator -> Users -> Users.

You would first remove the person assign to client user account:

Go to the user -> Maintain version

Maintain-user.png

You can then assign the same person to Admin User. This would allow you view what Client see.

Please, this is something you should do on the UAT or DEV environment. 

vicky1234 462 on at

Thanks Ramit  for the reply.

I will check the form and update back

• Suggested answer
    Ramit Paul Profile Picture
    Ramit Paul 18,461 Super User on at

Hi,

If I understand your requirement, you want to see similar set of form where you can check assigned to the user for all the users as admin.

If so, you can check "Workflow history form" in Organization administration module under workflow form.

vicky1234 462 on at

Hi Komi,

Lets say you have 3 users , 1st = admin, 2nd = client , 3rd = functional

The issue is that on the menu item "WorkflowWorkListAssignedToMe"

user "client" reported an issues on this form and said that whenever he clicked some records on this form the details form opens up but shows nothing i.e. blank record. This record is visible only to user " client".

If user "Admin" wants to check this issue then he cannot check it because he sees nothing on the main form as the form filters the main grid based on users.

This is the reason that I being an Admin user want to login as user client.

and the problem is that I do not have the client creadentials but want to check the same thing which user client sees.

• Komi Siabi Profile Picture
    Komi Siabi 12,407 Super User on at

Your requirement still doesn't seem clear to me yet.

Why do you want to login as user A and then as User B ? It is for troubleshooting purposes? If your answer is yes, what is the actual issue ?

Your first post talks about having a bank record. Can you explain more the document/form on which your are encountering the blank record issue ?

vicky1234 462 on at

Hi Komi

Thanks for the reply.

This is for a std form having menu item = "WorkflowWorkListAssignedToMe".

Also the requirement is that I should be able to login as a user A and see the data same way as user A does .

eg. user A sees 10 records and user B sees 5 records

so User Admin should see 10 records and can also see 5 records when connected /setup with user A/B.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans