Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Production Order formula line "quantity cannot be reduced" -> cannot move from started to reported as finished

Posted on by

We have a production order with multiple formula lines that all show the following error when trying to consume on a pick list:

Quantity "XX.XX" cannot be updated with inventory reference Prod. picking list journal because inventory transactions with status On order, Reserved ordered, Reserved physical or Picked are insufficient.

If I open the Formula lines and go to Inventory->Pick, there are no lines in the "Issue status" (therefore nothing to add to pick).  If I look at the Item/Batch ID combination in On-hand or Inventory Transactions, I see an "On Order" line for this production order.  In the Inventory Transactions screen I see an "Inventory Reference" of prod. picking list journal with LOT-11082700.  Then in the Inventory section, the LOT ID is LOT-11082699.

I believe part of the is issue is someone created a pick list and added lines to the formula.  Then they deleted the pick list and now these records are "orphaned".  

The order itself is in Started status and we have reported some product as finished.  We need to get the status to Ended and consume the material on the Formula Lines. 

How can I get the material consumed?  (let me know any additional info that might be helpful)

Thanks!

Categories:
  • Mannem Raju Profile Picture
    Mannem Raju 39 on at
    Production Order formula line "quantity cannot be reduced" -> cannot move from started to reported as finished
    Hi, have you found the solution even I am facing same error while posting picking list journal, please suggest how you resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    Mannem Raju
  • RE: Production Order formula line "quantity cannot be reduced" -> cannot move from started to reported as finished

Hi  Ludwig, 

Yes, in this warehouse there is Qty 384 in Physical Inventory, 384 Available Physical, 47.25 in On Order.  There should be sufficient quantity of this item in this warehouse.  There are a couple of other items referenced on this production order and they have similar quantities available and on order.

Ludwig Reinhard 

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Production Order formula line "quantity cannot be reduced" -> cannot move from started to reported as finished

Hello Brad,

If you open / inquire into your on-hand quantities of the items needed for the production, do you see that there is sufficient quantity available? On order won't be sufficient for that. Probably there is some quantity available on other warehouses/sites?!

Best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans