Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Answered

Dynamics 365 Customer Service: where to turn on public preview features

Posted on by 286

Hello Community,

Does anyone know where I could turn on this public preview feature "Accelerate time to resolution with AI-suggested replies". As per the Microsoft documentation below (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/release-plan/2023wave1/service/dynamics365-customer-service/accelerate-time-resolution-ai-suggested-replies), this feature should be in public preview now in April.

If I go to the system settings and go to the Previews tab, I could see there are some previews listed here. However, I also see other preview features hidden in other areas, such as within the Customer Service Admin Center (see my screen shots below). How would I know if I should be checking the public preview features in System Settings, or in Customer Service Admin Center? Does anyone know? And where would I be able to find the setting to turn on this preview feature "Accelerate time to resolution with AI-suggested replies"?

Any insights would be helpful! Thank you!

pastedimage1680935256702v2.png

pastedimage1680935228846v1.png

pastedimage1680935328553v3.png

• Tina Silver Profile Picture
    Tina Silver 175 on at
    RE: Dynamics 365 Customer Service: where to turn on public preview features

I have found this site to be super helpful.  It lets you add features to "My Release Plans" so that you don't have to go through all of them to find the ones that are of interest for your organization.  experience.dynamics.com/.../

This might help you as well: learn.microsoft.com/.../

• Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at

Hi partner,

This check mark (pastedimage1681113473839v3.png) shows which features have been released for public preview:

pastedimage1681113578843v4.png

You can notice that 'Assign agent experience profiles based on security roles' feature aren't checked, so you can't use it now.

1) You need turn on the release wave update.

2)where should I go to look for it?

--Microsoft will provide one detailed documentation about the feature, and you will find a new link at the bottom of current page, which will tell you how to use the new feature.

For example, Integrate and search external knowledge sources feature has been checked:

pastedimage1681114035599v6.png

One related link has been added to the page:

pastedimage1681113965131v5.png

• D365EL Profile Picture
    D365EL 286 on at

Hi Leah Ju,

Thanks for your reply. I have already turned on and updated to 2023 Release Wave 1 in the environment before my post. I have 2 questions here:

- Generally speaking, in order to get the public preview, is it required to turn on the release wave update, or can we get the public preview without turning on the release update update?

- Once the public preview is available in the environment, where should I go to look for it? I mentioned in my post above that it seems some previews are listed under the System Settings -? Preview area, but other previews are in different areas of the Customer Service Admin Center? Does this mean I need to look at both places? It's confusing because how would I know where the preview features are to enable it?

Would you have any further insights on my above questions? Thanks!

• Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Partner,

Based on the documentation, the date of public preview is Apr 2023, the date can be any day within that month. 

Also, maybe you can try to turn on 2023 release wave 1 updates on PPAC?

pastedimage1681105803191v2.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans