Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / To add records to incl...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

To add records to include in report .

Posted on by 1,457
I have created the report which is having only controller class and data provider class , now the report runs directly showing all the reocrds but  data is also correct but i need to show the dialogue which show the reocrds to include and so i can filter the records with project id . can any one help me on this . 
my code is below .
  • Dineshkarlekar Profile Picture
    Dineshkarlekar 1,457 on at
    hi ,
    Thanks for reply , 
    I am still working on it , some requirements are changed so i will update u soon about it .

thanks ,
    Regards,
    Dinesh,

• Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Layan Jwei 4,845 Super User on at
    Hi Dinesh,

Is your question answered or do you still need help?
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    Now you're saying that you want no query, but you started this query by saying then opposite: "i need to made to show records to include". The section "records to include" is about query filters. Trying to filter a query without having a query makes no sense.
  • Suggested answer
    Layan Jwei Profile Picture
    Hi Dinesh,

I explained to you in my previous reply how to do that.

Looking at your code in RDP class, you created a query by code for projTable.
    So instead of doing it by code, look for a standard query that has projTable alone. If you didn't find one then create a new one, then add the attribute that i mentioned in the previous reply.

And now instead of creating the query by code, you can use it directly
    So instead of q = new query();
    Use q = this.parmQuery();
    And instead of q.addDataSource use q.dataSource

And btw I think while(queryRun.next()) is enough, no need to loop again and say while select projTable

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future. You can do this by ticking the box "Does this answer your question"
    thanks for reply,
    but i dont have any query for this report , how can i achive that .

thanks ,
    Regards,
    Dinesh.
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,904 on at

Add this attribute to your DP class SRSReportQueryAttribute(queryStr(YourQueryName))] and make sure your DataSource has the Dynamics Filter is set to true.

Thank you,
    Waed Ayyad
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future
    ​​​​​​​
  • Suggested answer
    Hi Dinesh,

I can also see that your RDP class doesn't have this attribute [SRSReportQueryAttribute(queryStr(YourQueryName))]
    If you don't have a query or there is no standard one you can use, then maybe you need to create a new one. I think you need one for ProjTable. Then build the project and deploy.

After that, maybe try again and right click on the dataSet and click restore, and maybe right click on the DTProjListInvoiceTable and click restore. You should see that the parameters nodes have sth new. Then deploy and build again

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future. You can do this by ticking the box "Does this answer your question"
  • Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    They key thing you're missing is having your RDP class decorated with SRSReportQueryAttribute.
     No  dynamic filters was set to "True" before . i have not change any thing in report 
    Do i need to change anything in controller class.

thanks,
    Regards,
    Dinesh
  • Suggested answer
    Hi Dinesh,

Did you make dynamic filters "true" just now? if yes, expand the parameters node and see what's inside

then right click on the dataSet and click Restore (i think parameters should be updated and will show the dynamic parameter), then deploy the report and check again

Thanks,
    Layan Jweihan

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans