Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Unanswered

Multiple Mailbox/Queue Query

Posted on by 433

Hi,

I have created a new Queue/Mailbox for one of our Departments here, all working fine and Cases are being created successfully for the particular mailbox.

My problem is that the Department in question receives queries into 4 separate email addresses. 

I am just wondering if anyone has faced a similar problem and if so, what your suggestions would be for the easiest way to manage queries sent to 4 separate addresses?

I know the easiest way would be to set up 4 separate queues, however that seems to be a bit cumbersome for the user, having to check 4 separate queues every time to see if a new message has been sent. Ideally, I would like messages sent to all 4 addresses to appear in the same queue, but Im not sure how this could be achieved and also, how to differentiate easily which address that the original query was sent to.

Thanks a lot,

Ted

• RE: Multiple Mailbox/Queue Query

TedW,

Keep one mailbox, say cust@mycompany.com, have your email admin delete the other 3 mailboxes and make those addresses aliases of the cust@mycompany.com mailbox.  Anything sent to any of the 4 addresses will go to cust@mycompany.com, as far as i know you will lose site of which address the sender actually used.  So, everything will appear as being sent to cust@mycompany.com.

You will need to remove the mailbox processing for the 3 deleted mailboxes in CRM and turn off the email to case processing for these queues.  you may want to remove the 3 queues, but you don't necessarily need to if you want to continue to use them.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,513 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,862 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans