Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Unanswered

Issue with PCF Control "Multiselect Records" Being Automatically Removed from Form

Posted on by 1,638

Hello everyone,

I’m currently using the "Multiselect Records" PCF control on a form in D365, but I’m encountering a strange issue. Every time I apply changes to the form or update the related JavaScript, some of the fields where this PCF is applied have the control removed automatically. It appears to happen at random, and the control is no longer visible on the form.

Details of the issue:

• I’ve applied the PCF control to several fields on the form.
  • When saving or publishing form changes, the PCF is automatically removed from some fields.
  • This issue happens even when making related JavaScript or form updates.
    Additional Points:
  • Lookup Fields Not Displaying Values: I've noticed that two fields on the form do not show values when clicking on their lookup, even though the associated entity has records available. This adds to the confusion and raises questions about the reliability of the PCF controls in these scenarios.

Questions:

1. Is there a known limitation on the number of PCF controls that can be used on a form? For example, can we only use 3–4 PCF controls on a single form?
  2. Could this issue be related to the "Multiselect Records" PCF control itself or something else in the platform?
  3. Has anyone experienced similar issues where PCF controls disappear from fields automatically?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,570 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,683 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates