Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

I am getting only Partition Initialization Checklist when I open AX 2012 Client

Posted on by

I am getting only Partition Initialization Checklist when I open AX 2012 Client.  I am unable to see any other navigation options nor Modules.  Please suggest what needs to be done.

• Verified answer
    Dick Wenning Profile Picture
    Dick Wenning 8,705 on at
    RE: I am getting only Partition Initialization Checklist when I open AX 2012 Client

I have seen this when the client was not updated to the correct patch level check version of AOS and client (ax32.exe)

• Munna Babu Profile Picture
    Munna Babu on at
    RE: I am getting only Partition Initialization Checklist when I open AX 2012 Client

I was already using 2012, this is not first time setup.

I verified UserInfo table for the Partition field, it has some value and I am unable to delete that as this is a mandatory Integer field.

The workaround I did is going to File -> Tools -> Select Company Accounts and then creating a New workspace I am able to access.  But this is not a permanent solution.

Please suggest how can I get rid of the Partition Initialization Checklist when I open AX 2012 Client.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at

Hi Munna,

Check your AX configuration utility. Look what value is entered within the partition field. If this is filled with an invalid value ("initial" is the default) you might have these problems. Yoiu can leave this field blank. Then also the default will be used.

Are you already using AX2012? Or is this a first setup?

Note:  each partition has its own users.

Munna Babu on at

I also tried with the following command from cmd

ax32.exe -partition=5637144576

When I run this command I am getting communication error as "The Server is unavailable. Check your configuration and Network Connection and try again".

5637144576 is the default partition in the UserInfo table

Munna Babu on at

I am the System Admin and I am not getting any of those options to complete the Initialization Checklist.  Initially I was not able to access AX, I verified UserInfo table but could not find any of the AX users so I have added my ID as admin in UserInfo table from SQL and then trying to access AX client.  Now when I open AX client, I am able to see only Partition Initialization Checklist and not any other option.

• Suggested answer
    skaue Profile Picture
    skaue on at

Please make sure the system administrator has actually completed the AX2012 R2 initialization checklists.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans