Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Cost in Inventory Transaction not Tally With Transfer Journal.

Posted on by 412

Hi All,

When we run Inventory Report, found that the cost for item 115247 is 11.58. Which is wrong cost.

The cost captured in Inventory Ageing Report.

Invent-Age-Cost.png

From the transaction line, its stated that the cost captured was 11.58

Invent-Trans-Cost.png

When i went further to the original transaction which is pointed to Transfer Journal, when i check the journal line the captured cost was 5.70

Transfer-Jour-Cost.png

The concern now is, why system capture different cost? How do i check this? Which one cost is correct?

Please advise on my issue.

Thanks. 

Categories:
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi Community user,

You are reponding to an old thread. Are you also using Dynamics AX 2012? Can you provide information about your item model group settings, and the transfer order with its inventory transactions? Is the cost corrected when you run an inventory closing or recalculation? 
  • Ankit Gupta Profile Picture
    Ankit Gupta 16 on at
    Hello,

I am facing the same issue in my transfer order the amount is reflecting lower but in transactions the amount was double the amount in transfer order.
    Please kindly suggest on this.
  • Adhha Adnan Profile Picture
    Adhha Adnan 412 on at
    RE: Cost in Inventory Transaction not Tally With Transfer Journal.

Hi Dr. Ludwig Reinhard,

Initially we run inventory ageing report, and found out that the cost for the item is inaccurate. Where the cost price has rise higher than expected.

Then we make comparison with item transaction, to check any transaction that contribute to cost risen. And we found this transaction that contribute to the cost price risen.

From this we managed to pin point the transaction where pointing to the transfer journal, which lead to this transfer journal. Where we transfer item batch to another batch number.

My concern now is regarding the cost price, why in inventory ageing report and inventory transaction captured 11.58 as cost price but in transfer journal captured 5.70 as cost price?

Why have different cost?

I believe in my situation nothing got to do with transfer order.

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Cost in Inventory Transaction not Tally With Transfer Journal.

Hello Addha Adnan,

Many thanks for your screenprints and the information shared.

Is it possible that you share more details about this issue because things are not yet clear to me.

As an example, I can see from your last screenprint that you have a transfer order recorded where a batch number was added.

What kind of item was involved in that transaction in regards to the valuation model? (FIFO, LIFO, etc.)

Can you also explain a bit about the transfer order process that is done within the same site and warehouse.

What is more, can you check whether a price change has been recorded for this item within the last days; that is around the time the transfer order was posted?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans