Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Unanswered

Save and Close button acts as Save and New on custom entity

Posted on by

Hi,

I'm having issues with the Save and Close button on a custom entity since it acts like Save and New, saving the record and opening a new entity form.

When using the same button for the new entity form, it saves and closes the record.

The issue only exists when adding a related record from a form subgrid, and only for users other than system administrators.

We have tried debugging every script loaded but no results. I have a slight suspicion this is privilege related but I can't figure out where to look.

The user group experiencing the issue have full org. privileges for the custom entity.

The Save & Close and Save & New buttons are completely uncustomized.

Maybe worth noting that the Save & New button exists in the form ribbon when using Ribbon Workbench, but not in the displayed form ribbon (regardless of user).

We are running Dynamics 365 On Premise version 1612 (8.2.2.112) (DB 8.2.2.112)

Thank you in advance

Regards

Sebastian

• SeStri Profile Picture
    SeStri on at
    RE: Save and Close button acts as Save and New on custom entity

For anybody following this, or experiencing the same issue, we have opened a ticket with Microsoft and will be working with them to resolve the issue.

I will update this post when progress is being made!

• SeStri Profile Picture
    SeStri on at

Hi Arun,

I think you are describing the app for phones or tablet, but we are using the App Modules in the browser.

Thank you for you reply anyways!

Regards

Sebastian

• Arun Vinoth Profile Picture
    Arun Vinoth 11,613 on at

You may experience UI flat layering in app, like when you open a new record creation form A from view then click New button will layer a new form B on top of existing form A - once you click the save & close in form B will close it but the previous layer form A will resurface. Hence you feel like save & new.

When you press back button the same experience will surface. This is a different experience like window.open in same same tab compared to Response.Redirect

• SeStri Profile Picture
    SeStri on at

Hello Ravi,

Even further testing shows that this seems to be related to a Dynamics app... We will continue troubleshooting.

Regards

Sebastian

• RaviKashyap Profile Picture
    RaviKashyap 55,406 on at

Privledge shouldn't change the save behaviour. Did you check if you have any js running on save event or may be a business rule?

• SeStri Profile Picture
    SeStri on at

Mr Rocker, unfortunately the blog post didn't really handle the Save & Close-issue, but thank you for the information! It will absolutely be useful in the future.

Further testing with the affected users revealed that ALT+S also triggers the Save & New functionality, which is really weird.

I'm leaning towards this being a privilege-related issue, maybe for a related entity, but the behavior is still vert non intuituve...

Regards

Sebastian

• Dynamics365 Rocker Profile Picture
    Dynamics365 Rocker 7,755 on at

Hope below link will help you.

www.cobalt.net/.../save-new-button-go

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans