Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Proper way to gracefully delete D365 App User w/ Azure App Registration?

Posted on by 1,579

What is the proper way to delete a D365 App User and the corresponding Azure App Registration?

If I delete the Azure App registration, the D365 App User remains Active but doesn't work.

I would like to do this gracefully so that the App user is deactivated in D365 or better yet deleted.

Screen-Shot-2020_2D00_12_2D00_01-at-8.39.36-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020_2D00_12_2D00_01-at-8.42.45-PM.png

• ACECORP Profile Picture
    ACECORP 1,579 on at
    RE: Proper way to gracefully delete D365 App User w/ Azure App Registration?

It is a non-interactive user because it's an azure app user so it doesn't have a license and therefore we don't need to worry about releasing a license. 

However, on the details area, I do not see the radio button you mentioned. What am I missing?

Screen-Shot-2020_2D00_12_2D00_06-at-7.31.09-PM.png

• Microsoft Profile Picture
    Microsoft on at

In the user details, there is a radio button of Enabled. you can click it to make it disabled for this user. I am not sure if disabled a user will release the license.

ACECORP 1,579 on at

The message says Delete Method does not support entities of type 'systemuser'. That means user objects cannot be deleted.

If there is no way to delete it, then I need to at least deactivate it, similar to what happens when you remove a license from a previously existing user.

Is there a way to deactivate it?

• Suggested answer
    Microsoft Profile Picture
    Microsoft on at

The error shows as The" 'Delete' method does not support entities of type 'systemuser'", it says you are system user role, could you try to delete the user with roles of system administrator.

ACECORP 1,579 on at

If I try and delete the user from within D365 I get the following error:

Event Journaling

Invalid Recipient Type If you contact support, please provide the technical details.

Activity ID: 44c53370-8192-4b89-8fc4-5e440382ad52

Timestamp: Tue Dec 01 2020 22:23:14 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

The error log is shown below.

s:ClientThe 'Delete' method does not support entities of type 'systemuser'.44c53370-8192-4b89-8fc4-5e440382ad52-2147219456ApiExceptionSourceKeyApi/PrePipelineApiOriginalExceptionKeyMicrosoft.Crm.CrmException: The 'Delete' method does not support entities of type 'systemuser'.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExternalMessageDispatcher.ExecuteInternal(IInProcessOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory, IPlatformMessageDispatcherFactory dispatcherFactory, Guid callerRegardingObjectId, Int32 invocationSource, Version endpointVersion, OrganizationRequest request, OrganizationInternalRequest organizationInternalRequest)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.DispatchRequest(OrganizationRequest request, OrganizationInternalRequest organizationInternalRequest, SdkResponseDescription responseDescription, SdkPerformanceCounterContext sdkPerformanceCounterContext)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequestRequestWithInstrumentation(OrganizationRequest request, OrganizationInternalRequest organizationInternalRequest)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequestRequestWithInstrumentationOperation(OrganizationRequest request, OrganizationInternalRequest organizationInternalRequest)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.b__0()ApiStepKey00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000ApiDepthKey0ApiActivityIdKey44c53370-8192-4b89-8fc4-5e440382ad52ApiPluginSolutionNameKeySystemApiStepSolutionNameKeySystemApiExceptionCategoryClientErrorApiExceptionMesageNameSdkEntityDoesNotSupportMessageApiExceptionHttpStatusCode400http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=398563&error=Microsoft.Crm.CrmException:80040800&client=platformThe 'Delete' method does not support entities of type 'systemuser'.2020-12-02T03:23:14.1337035Zfalse

How can I  deactivate or delete this user?

There appears to be no way to do that?

• Suggested answer
    Microsoft Profile Picture
    Microsoft on at

Yes, when delete the Azure App registration, the D365 App User remains Active, this is working as expected. delete the registration means that the user could the user choose not to use the azure app service. but when the use want to use it, you can also try to registered it again.

Could you try to check in D365 and find all the users and you can try to delete the user you want to delete.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans