Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Lead timeline activiti...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Lead timeline activities -- how to flow to parent record (contact / account) timeline

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 39
Hello,

The lead record supports the ability to associate a parent account or contact. This is a scenario that my organization runs into a fair amount -- that a new lead will pop up for an organization that we already have an account record for. I would like to be able to see those lead activities on the account timeline, but it seems like this is not possible. The account timeline does not support the ability to roll up activity from related lead records. 

Has anyone figured out a way around this? I've started going down the path of copying activity records to the parent contact or account timeline, but I haven't found a clean way to simply copy or duplicate that record. I'd need to create a new record and copy over all of the attributes. I started working on a flow pertaining to Email Messages and got to a point where I thought -- there has got to be a better way than to copy over every single attribute of an existing email to a new record.

In any case, does anyone have tips?

Attachments
  • shogg Profile Picture
    shogg 39 on at
    Lead timeline activities -- how to flow to parent record (contact / account) timeline
    Thanks for the details, Dengliang Li.

This was the path I started going down before I stopped myself to see if there was a simpler approach. Is this really the only way to achieve this?
  • Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

You can use Power Automate Flow to associate email records from a lead with the Lead's parent account record.

List the leads that have a parent account, and then list the email records associated with those leads.

Copy the email records associated with lead listed in the previous step to lead's parent account record by adding a new email record.

Accepting Entity Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_acceptingentityid_value']),null,concat('queues(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_acceptingentityid_value'],')'))
    Correlated Activity Id Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_correlatedactivityid_value']),null,concat('emails(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_correlatedactivityid_value'],')'))

Currency Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_transactioncurrencyid_value']),null,concat('transactioncurrencies(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?
    ['_transactioncurrencyid_value'],')'))
    ID for template used Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_templateid_value']),null,concat('templates(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_templateid_value'],')'))

Populate the Reading field with the parent account record id of lead.
    Parent Activity Id Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_parentactivityid_value']),null,concat('emails(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_parentactivityid_value'],')'))
    Receiving Mailbox Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?[_receivingmailboxid_value']),null,concat('mailboxes(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_receivingmailboxid_value'],')'))

Adding a custom prefix to the subject field identifies which lead it came from.
    Service Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_serviceid_value']),null,concat('services(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_serviceid_value'],')'))
    SLA Expression: if(empty(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_slaid_value']),null,concat('slas(',items('Apply_to_each_2')?['_slaid_value'],')'))

The result is shown below.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me .

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,266 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,978 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans