Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

How to set up SSRS subscription to save file in SP Doc Library

Posted on by
Hi there

I am on GP 18.5 and SSRS deployed in native mode.

I want to set up a report subscription and save the file in a SP Document Library.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Joseph Markovich Profile Picture
    Joseph Markovich 3,818 on at
    Hi Riaan-

This is definitely possible!

I'll blog about this in much more detail, but here is a high-level overview. Let me know if this is possible for you to do!

Basically, you are having SSRS email an attached report to a shared mailbox. Then Power Automate monitors this mailbox, takes the attachment from the email and then saves it to a SharePoint document library.

1. Get a static IP from your ISP. It is worth it in the long run anyway to connect lots of GP things to MS365 (Power BI, Teams, SharePoint, Power Apps).
    2. In the Exchange admin center on MS365, go to Mail Flow > Connectors. Set up a connector that is from Your Org to O365. You'll fill in the static IP here. 
    2. Set up SMTP in your SSRS. You'll use the SMTP server that you get from MS365 -- the domain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com one.
    3. Create a shared mailbox in MS365. Make sure to give the owner of the Flow you're going to create in Power Automate access to it.
    4. Set up the subscription in SSRS to email the report to this shared mailbox.
    5. In Power Automate, you're going to create a new Flow that monitors this shared mailbox, takes the attachment from the email and saves it to the document library of your choice.

Will have all the details on my blog in a bit! https://josephmarkovich.com.

Once you set this up, you'll also no longer need to fight with MFA and GP. Everything just gets sent through your organization's SMTP server from Microsoft.

Joe
  • Suggested answer
    Lisa at AonC.com Profile Picture
    Lisa at AonC.com 2,992 on at
    I'm not familiar with saving to SharePoint (SP).  Could you use the Destination = Windows File Share and have that point to a OneDrive location that is visible in SharePoint?

Possible hints in this article:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans