Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Dynamics NAV on-premises with Power BI Gateway incremental Refresh problem

Posted on by 8
I have Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 on-premises using SQL Server Database on-premise as well. I have pro license of Microsoft Power BI . I want to create a new report linked to several tables having large number of Records in Power BI, and I want to have the ability to make incremental Refresh in order to reduce the time of Refresh and also make automatic schedule for this incremental refresh everyday from 1am.
Please let me know if I can have incremental refresh with on-premise Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2017. Personally I tried it and couldn't make it happen. I was able to schedule automatic refresh (full refresh) but I was not able to make incremental refresh .
I was able to do automatic Incremental Refresh If I do connect directly with SQL Server.
Categories:
  • Dynamics NAV on-premises with Power BI Gateway incremental Refresh problem
    I was able to do it without Premium license using the pro license but with connecting directly to SQL. 
    It was faster solution and I was able to configure the Incremental Refresh and make it possible without exposing the database online.

I just wanted to see if anybody did it directly with Dynamics NAV because All worked well with direct connection with NAV but the refresh was too slow and I was not able to have the incremental refresh working. 
  • Suggested answer
    Dynamics NAV on-premises with Power BI Gateway incremental Refresh problem
    Hello,

are you using DirectQuery? DirectQuery is only supported for Premium licences.
    We had a same problem with Power BI Pro licence where we thought that Pro will be enough for Incremental refresh but we did not have a success.

I hope that you got to this link, but just in case you have more details on the link below 

Greetings

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,480 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,450 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans