Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Tracking Appointments to Dynamics from Outlook mobile app

Posted on by 7
I see that this question has been posted many times - but I do not see any updated answers.  

Is it possible to track an appointment created in Outlook mobile to a project / account (entity) in Dynamics?  I can do this with emails sent, but for appointments I can track to dynamics, but NOT to a specific account / project etc.  Seems like something should have been corrected by now.  

Is there any updated support available on this topic?
Categories:
  • HM-09051250-0 Profile Picture
    HM-09051250-0 7 on at
    Thank you, Dengliang Li.  Unfortunately, I already knew how to do this.  What I am looking for is a solution that is housed within the Outlook mobile app.  Not a work-around that uses multiple platforms.  

Regardless, I appreciate your support.  I would suggest that the Outlook Team develop a better solution for this to improve user experience.  
  • Verified answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

You can track an Outlook appointment to Dynamics 365 CRM by assigning it the Tracked to Dynamics 365 category.
    Appointment
    If your Dynamics CE app version is below 9.1.0.4039, you need to configure category-based tracking through an OrgDBOrgSetting.

Assign Tracked to Dynamics 365 category when you add an appointment on outlook mobile app.
    However, the appointment is then synchronized from outlook to CRM, but the Reading field is empty.

For tracking with regarding, the Regarding field needs to be populated manually in the outlook client via the Dynamics 365 app for outlook add-on.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me .

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Upcoming TechTalk: Copilot Capabilities…

Review the Copilot features that are currently available in Dynamics 365 Finance…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,377 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans