Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Workspace tiles for cr...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Workspace tiles for creating new orders

Posted on by 4
Hi! 

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a tile that makes it possible to directly from workspace create new orders? I have seen it in existing workspaces but can not figure out how to do it or find any information about it. 

Thankful for any insight!  
  • Suggested answer
    Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Are you referring to how to create a workspace tile? If so, you can refer to this official documentation: Modify a workspace with a tile, list, and data cache - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn, which mentions an example to help you better understand how to add a tile:
    In this section, you will add the required metadata to add a new tile to the Summary section of the FmtClerkWorkspace form to show this information. To make this tile work correctly, you will have to add four metadata artifacts: a query, a menu item, a tile, and a tile button.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Workspace tiles for creating new orders
    Hi Andre, 

Thank you so much for your answer! This brings a lot more clarity to why I have not been able to find it, but now I know that it is possible with development. 
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at
    Hi Lisa,

Using tiles, you can have a count and open a menu item with a filtered list based on the query used for the count. There is also an option to only have a menu item set on the tiles. If the menu item is e.g. PurchTableCreate, CustTableCreate, it will open the creation form when you click on a tile. This is possible with development. There is no option to configure this type of tiles as part of a personalization.
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,904 on at

Can you give me an example about what you want to achieve in order to help you?

Regards,
    Waed Ayyad
    Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans