Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Error updating model database: Microsoft.Dynamics.Setup.AxSetupException: AxUtil call returned errors:You cannot import the Foundation (KB2989149) model into a Microsoft layer.

Posted on by 195

Hi,

I'm getting this error while trying to update the model. it throws an error of this.

Error updating model database: Microsoft.Dynamics.Setup.AxSetupException: AxUtil call returned errors:You cannot import the Foundation (KB2989149) model into a Microsoft layer.

Anyone familiar with this issue ? need suggestion

Regards,

Zohan

• Klaas Deforche Profile Picture
    Klaas Deforche 2,431 on at
    RE: Error updating model database: Microsoft.Dynamics.Setup.AxSetupException: AxUtil call returned errors:You cannot import the Foundation (KB2989149) model into a Microsoft layer.

I had the same error with KB4557904, and was able to solve it by checking for Windows Updates and installing them.

• Zohan_93 Profile Picture
    Zohan_93 195 on at
    RE: Error updating model database: Microsoft.Dynamics.Setup.AxSetupException: AxUtil call returned errors:You cannot import the Foundation (KB2989149) model into a Microsoft layer.

Thankyou,

After changing the server date it worked for me

Regards,

Zohan

• Verified answer
    Blue Wang Profile Picture
    Blue Wang on at

Hi Zohan,

According to this similar thread,It may be because the certificate has expired,please check it.

stackoverflow.com/.../kb-hotfix-installation-error-in-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans