Skip to main content

Notifications

Project Operations forum
Unanswered

Keep field read/write on confirmed invoice (lite deployment)

Posted on by 346
In Project Operations (lite) when you confirm an invoice it changes to read only.  We would like to keep one field editable until the invoice is marked as paid, but have been unable to achieve this.  We have tried a business rule, that doesn’t work.  Anyone got any ideas or suggestions how to go about this?
  • Aggie57 Profile Picture
    Aggie57 346 on at
    @adis - we have a custom field to record our invoice number for each 'invoice request' (which is really what the 'invoice' is in Project Ops Lite).  Our process is that when an invoice (request) is created in Project Ops it's then sent to our accounts team, who are on a quite different time zone, who then create the invoice, send it to the customer, and record the number of that invoice in Project Ops invoice record.  

The issue is that until the invoice is confirmed in Project Ops actuals are not written on the related order and we have been waiting until it's paid to do that, which works OK in most cases but not when there are retainers involved.

@MichaelTorres - I like the idea of a workflow, or even an action which could be linked to the invoice BPF and include a pop-up for accounts to enter the invoice number then.  I'll work with that.....
  • Adis Profile Picture
    Adis 2,284 on at
    Hey,

May I ask which field you want to keep editable for which purpose? I understand that customizations are necessary, however, I always recommened not to change standard logic. Maybe there is another solution for this.

Kind regards, Adis
  • MichaelTorres Profile Picture
    MichaelTorres 24 on at
    Hello,

One potential solution is to use a workflow or a Power Automate flow to update that specific field, even after the invoice is confirmed.
    You could create a custom field to track the invoice status (Paid or Not Paid) and set up the flow to allow changes to the target field until the invoice is marked as Paid

Also, you might consider using a custom JavaScript function in a form script that allows edits for specific fields under defined conditions, such as when the status is Not Paid

I think if should help

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates